v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Belinda,

good point, that would be indeed a nice feature. Honestly I have not thought of saving a single motive. I added this my to-do list.
Shoey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:49 amI know you can save whole melodies via the heart button.
Not just melodies, but more importantly, all the settings that you generated the initial melody with.

Thanks!
Attila
Shoey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:49 am Melody editor questions:

I know you can save whole melodies via the heart button. But is there any way to save individual motives or rhythms, or plans to have presets in this area?

It seems that every time you start a new melody you have to sort of reinvent the wheel all over again starting from scratch. Then again it's more than possible I'm missing something here?

BTW, I do love the melody editor, I just find it a bit mystifying though :tu: :love:

Belinda
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi,

I know this is not in the fix list for v3.9.b28 above, but just to keep it in mind and confirm, the MIDI Export problem as I've reported above is still present.

It seems that the MIDI note information itself may be being bypassed for export in these recent betas.

Here is a file comparison picture of the same 4 chords as exported (via Ctrl-drag out of RC) today vs. on 6/28/2020.

RC - Missing MIDI 01.jpg
Or, perhaps the .rcCOMP file has become corrupt? (latest also attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

I've noticed in the prior beta and this one that if I have a set of chords selected and then use the transport back-arrow to go to the start of the tune then upon starting playback the tune will not play from the beginning, but rather from the first chord selected.

RC - Go to Start 01.jpg

IOW, I'm seeing playback from measure 5 rather than measure 1 in the picture above.

If I have moved the playback head to the beginning of the tune, I would have expected playback to begin from there.

So, it seems that chord highlights, if they exist at the moment, govern the playback start point rather than the position of the playback head governing the start point.

Is this by design? It feels different to me than my DAWs where playback commences from the position of the playback head, then will loop (in a loop area) once the playback head reaches the loop area (if the loop on/off control is on).

Am I just noticing now something that has been this way all along, or is this a change in behavior compared to earlier?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

check settings page and try again.. there are settings that affect play back start positions as well..

I don't see anything that looks relevant. My apologies if I missed it. Are you referring to something specific?

Every few days since it's release 10 years ago there has been fixes and new features added.
The development decisions don't have to go up through a hierarchy to be discussed in a boardroom meeting.
I think we are actually communicating with a higher being from another planet that has tapped into our internet, Attila is just the earthly name :)

sj1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:05 pm I don't see anything that looks relevant. My apologies if I missed it. Are you referring to something specific?
I think for what you want, you should have the part in focus (double click the top part line)..

But, the other settings will affect behavior as well.. (Settings -> Misc - Editing)

crossovercable wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:08 am Every few days since it's release 10 years ago there has been fixes and new features added.
The development decisions don't have to go up through a hierarchy to be discussed in a boardroom meeting.
I think we are actually communicating with a higher being from another planet that has tapped into our internet, Attila is just the earthly name :)
I thought for sure he was chained in the lowest part of a dungeon in some majestic castle.. Only to appear with new features and bug fixes.. hehe

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the new beta - the new inspector is very nice! Only one small wish ..
Please do it in variations "Collapse all/ Expand all ".
Thanks .

BluGenes wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:59 am I think for what you want, you should have the part in focus (double click the top part line)..

But, the other settings will affect behavior as well.. (Settings -> Misc - Editing)
I have experimented further along the suggested lines.

What I find is that each of the items pointed out does exactly what the pop-up help says it will (as expected).

However, no change in any of these settings seems to alter what I've said above about playback not beginning at the playback head when placed at the start of the composition while a portion of the timeline is selected (as in my picture above).

Actually, I would consider it to have been anomalous if any of those settings (as described) had changed the behavior I'm reporting. I think it is logical and consistent that they do not.

It seems that "Automatic Timeline Selection Playback Head Capture" (if I may so term it) is currently an undefeatable built-in behavior. I've seen no demonstrable counter-example to this so far.

I am suggesting that it would be better if this were not the case, by which I mean that for playback to begin from the current location of the playback head (however that was arrived at) would always be appropriate.

You can always double click the part, once to bring it into full screen focus, then again back to composition focus. This removes that region..

Hey Attila!

Need a list of what was fixed in beta 28...

Hi Steve,

this is a mystery because I was able to Ctrl-drag the chords track and it created a valid MIDI file. You are right that the notes are missing from the MIDI file on your screenshots, but how did you make that MIDI file?

I loaded SJ_Summertime_02a.rcCOMP, 4 bars were already selected, I did nothing but dragged the first track using Ctrl-drag and dropped to a folder (on Windows). The MIDI file included the notes.

I did not have luck with your previous upload either. The second chords track did not contain any phrases. Was it intended? I have checked the rcCOMP file and there were no phrases saved with the second track. I suspect that some settings are different on our setup.

I limited the number of chords to 16 when using {chords}. It makes no sense to make a very long file name consisting of a hundred chord names.

I really want to fix this. I am sorry I could not so far.

Thanks,
Attila
sj1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:49 pm Hi,

I know this is not in the fix list for v3.9.b28 above, but just to keep it in mind and confirm, the MIDI Export problem as I've reported above is still present.

It seems that the MIDI note information itself may be being bypassed for export in these recent betas.
Or, perhaps the .rcCOMP file has become corrupt? (latest also attached)

Thanks, lulukom.
I want to do that, plus mute/unmute variations.
lulukom wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:46 am Hello Attila!
Thanks for the new beta - the new inspector is very nice! Only one small wish ..
Please do it in variations "Collapse all/ Expand all ".
Thanks .

:tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”