Not much effort into documentation. READ before wasting your time.

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know how much people are working on this project but please include better and more documentation.
you know how to make a software make a updated documentation.
AND if you don't do that don't waste people's time and including yours and please don't bother to update..

SonicBirth, version 1, was last updated in January 2008 (1.3.1 beta 2). At the time, it was a one person project.

There is manual, but there never was any tutorial. That maybe is disconcerting to you, but, as I said in your other thread, feel free to ask questions.

I still make plug-ins with SonicBirth and I do think it's a very robust piece of software engineering.
Last edited by Kewl on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

I see ,but i'm not anymore looking for tutorials but for updated documentation. may i know how you learned this software?

By doing simple things at first. Try a two mono channel mixer to start.

By the way, when you install SonicBirth, it also installs already made plug-ins that you can open up to see how they're programmed.

Hey problem is i don't know what is mono and channel mixer i'm seeking for a free source that can explain me how to use this program completely because i'm interested in created my audio plugins, I know how to use a DAW logic pro x etc and i know adsr compressor filters et cetera btw nice plugins (on your website) can you point me the right direction Thanks.

no one can tell you how to create. i'm sorry that you don't understand how digital audio works, but you don't see me yelling about how no one has brain surgery tutorials online. people spend 4 years in college to learn how to write basic dsp, and lifetimes learning how to create great new ones. its not something you can simply watch a tutorial on.

here's a simple tutorial for you:

multiply the input by a slider who's value ranges from 0 to 1.
congrats. you now have a volume control.

if you can't figure out how to use sonic birth 1, then you're probably not cut out to write dsp in the first place.

sorry that i had to pull the asshole card. at least i wasn't the first to do so in this thread.
makira, feel free to delete my post if you don't want it here. i don't care.

Life9 wrote:if you don't do that don't waste people's time and including yours and please don't bother to update..
Wow. That is no way to speak to a developer who generously makes months upon months of their hard work available to you for free.

It was not my intention to be rude I'm sorry. to my point I learnt synth edit program and made my first basic vst synthesizer and i understand now what mono/stereo is. And as i said i was not looking for tutorials anymore only For a updated manual

Sonic is similar to synth edit (Visual Programming) no need to write your own dsp only if you want to.

Don't please stop developers. it is an awesome open source program However the learning curve is not the same as SynthEdit

Once again Sorry

cron, you handled that much better than i did. lol

:dog: :ud: :dog:

Full respect to you for apologising Life9. I've said things in the heat of the moment on here plenty of times (should have seen my post before I edited it :lol: ).

Hope you find some decent resources to get you on your way.

Return to “SonicBirth”