Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

exmatproton wrote:
musikmachine wrote:I think it's a crazy good synth. The test of a good synth for me is how it sounds with no fx and and stuff like earbuds and Oddity sounds sweet on both counts. The gui is a factor but sound is all the counts at the end of the day, it'll end up in a rack anyway and it'd be mad to pass up such a deal unless you've got your analog needs covered. Just my 2c. :)
+1 :clap:
+2 I was thinking the same and Oddity2 to me actually sounds worse with the usual FX I try to mask VA synths with. i.e. long reverb, saturation and distortion etc. It loses some character and that beautiful texture to the sound. So yeah, Oddity naked for me! :love:

Having said that I did have fun playing it through the new ReplikaXT demo, awesome synth through awesome delay = heaven

I tested it today, and I'm really impressed.
Instant buy!

Is there any deal currently for Oddity2? How much does it usually cost 2nd hand?

-David

davidka wrote:Is there any deal currently for Oddity2? How much does it usually cost 2nd hand?

-David
IDK.. I am just demoing almost all of analogue emu. synths under my radar... :party:

I keep trying to cut down my synth collection and Oddity 2 is always near the chopping block but I can never quite get myself to do it. it really does have the smoothest sound around and the sync is excellent.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I keep trying to cut down my synth collection and Oddity 2 is always near the chopping block but I can never quite get myself to do it. it really does have the smoothest sound around and the sync is excellent.
May I have your synth-list?

My radar is still on... :D

nicksohn wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I keep trying to cut down my synth collection and Oddity 2 is always near the chopping block but I can never quite get myself to do it. it really does have the smoothest sound around and the sync is excellent.

My current synths?

Paid ones:
NI Komplete 9 (with Reaktor 6)
Omnisphere/Trilian
Poly-Ana
Sylenth1
Synplant
Harmor
Oddity 2
imoOscar 2
Bitwig Synths

Free ones:
Tyrell N6
Bunch of CM synths (Bazille CM, Zebra CM, Dune CM)
Synth1
Charlatan

So I typically only keep a paid synth if it offers something really unique that nothing else does. I sometimes think about selling Oddity and impOscar since I'm pretty covered with VA, but they do have a special character and can't quite bring myself to do it. With impOscar it's the beefy lows and the filter drive magic. With Oddity it's the sync and ultra silky sound.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
nicksohn wrote:

My current synths?

Paid ones:
NI Komplete 9 (with Reaktor 6)
Omnisphere/Trilian
Poly-Ana
Sylenth1
Synplant
Harmor
Oddity 2
imoOscar 2
Bitwig Synths

Free ones:
Tyrell N6
Bunch of CM synths (Bazille CM, Zebra CM, Dune CM)
Synth1
Charlatan

So I typically only keep a paid synth if it offers something really unique that nothing else does. I sometimes think about selling Oddity and impOscar since I'm pretty covered with VA, but they do have a special character and can't quite bring myself to do it. With impOscar it's the beefy lows and the filter drive magic. With Oddity it's the sync and ultra silky sound.
I was wondering what synths almost got oddity being on your chopping block. :)

Yes I agree, imposcar is pretty unique. Actually, I was in the middle of imposcar and oddity.
imposcar has classy, refined analogue sound. :tu:
This time, I got oddity because of its fat silky sound.
But next time, I'm pretty sure i'll get imposcar too.

Ok, Thanks for your listing. My radar got a 'Poly-ana'. i'll get the demo of it. :lol:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: For fat silky pad sounds, there are plenty of Minimoog emulations, like u-he Diva, Arturia Mini, The Legend, or even GForce's MiniMonsta. Sadly, NI Monark is monophonic.
I already got The Legend 2 days ago.. :hyper:

http://imgur.com/wUN3b9U this is what i mean. Not Oddity(or Ableton which i use most) related, because it happens in Reason in the same way. Anyone has encountered this? Down arrow is simply missing....

Sorry for english.

BrokenTrance wrote:http://imgur.com/wUN3b9U this is what i mean. Not Oddity(or Ableton which i use most) related, because it happens in Reason in the same way. Anyone has encountered this? Down arrow is simply missing....

Sorry for english.
I don't know about it..

But I can confirm that that issue does not happen on my system.(win7 64bit, sonar platinum)

<delete>
<List your stupid gear here>

nicksohn wrote:
egbert101 wrote: For fat silky pad sounds, there are plenty of Minimoog emulations, like u-he Diva, Arturia Mini, The Legend, or even GForce's MiniMonsta. Sadly, NI Monark is monophonic.
I already got The Legend 2 days ago.. :hyper:
Not a Mini emu, but Repro-5 sounds really good. 8)

nicksohn wrote:
BrokenTrance wrote:http://imgur.com/wUN3b9U this is what i mean. Not Oddity(or Ableton which i use most) related, because it happens in Reason in the same way. Anyone has encountered this? Down arrow is simply missing....

Sorry for english.
I don't know about it..

But I can confirm that that issue does not happen on my system.(win7 64bit, sonar platinum)
Most be some graphic card driver problem on my end or some configuration i have messed up. I like to "tweak" my Windows. As i said happens in Reason allso(if the preset "browser" of a synth is like the one in Oddity2). I'm now on a Windows 10 system(updated from windows 7).

Return to “Instruments”