Blue Cat's PatchWork v1.71 - Program Changes on Samplitude Pro X2

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Hi

I'm a user of Samplitude Pro X2. I loaded the demo of PatchWork VST on a slot but the Program Changes doesn't work at all on it. I did already activated the MIDI Program Change on the channel assigned (which is Ch15) and nothing. And also, I have notice that it don't show a list of the Programs on the "Program:" tab of Samplitude as the others plugins, it just shows "1 User Program".
I tried too to add the Program Changes messages to Hardware Controller, on the Customize Controllers. The messages midi it receive for Program Change appear like ce0000, ce0100, ce0200, etc, which get configured as "Push Button", but don't know which "Easy Learn Function" they have to be assigned, since when I push the "Previous/Next Preset" buttons of PatchWork nothing happen.
However, it does work on Xlutop Chainer, but the one that I use for play live is Samplitude.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your interest in our software. The PatchWork plug-in will not listen to MIDI ports directly but relies on the host application (to avoid any interference with it). So you have to make sure that PatchWork can receive the MIDI messages from your controller in Samplitude. I guess you just need to create an additional MIDI track to route the events to the plug-in, but I don't know if the feature is now available is Samplitude.

Yep, that is the solution, that feature is available in Sam. I emailed magix directly (something is wrong with the Samplitude's forum and it don't allow me register) and they responded me really quick, it was so simple !

You have to work with 2 track for this procedure:
1. Track is midi Track at MidiOutput sektion you have to choose the xy VST Plugin!
2. Track is Audiotrack with loaded xy VST Plugin

So I did the following:
1. Create an AUDIO track and insert PatchWork VST on it
2. Create a NEW MIDI track and select "PatchWork VST" as OUTPUT, it looks like: "VSTx Y: PatchWork VST (Track X)"
X is the number of the audio track where you have the VST inserted, and Y the number of VST on the slot.

It can be done from the tab MIDI in the Track Editor on the Arrange Window or from the mixer (at the bottom of the MIDI track).
Both tracks must have the same midi channel assigned. Don't forget to activate "Monitoring".
And bingo! now it receives MIDI from the channel assigned, including Program Change messages. I have been looking for do this so long, that now I can't believe it works ! Thanx to you and to Ed Myer and Tim Dolbear from Magix, for the quick response and help.

Cheers from Canary Islands and happy christmas !!
Last edited by hellishvictor on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks for the heads up and detailed tutorial! As expected, it is very similar to other hosts.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”