ACE v1.4, bug or not

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)

Hi, I am using the late ACE version on a MacAir and I have a couple of questions.

1- Why in the VCF1 the default input has the label "vco2" while actually using it (and accordingly to the default signal flow in the manual) I hear the output from the mix section?

2- Following the beautiful Introduction to ACE by Dan Worrall I found a strange behaviour of the Map Generator, I include these images for the settings:

What happens is that the VCF1 cutoff when modified from the mapper output (not from the LFO2 which is anyway in tap mode) sounds like out of phase with the notes sequence. The first cicle is ok but then it gets really bad.
I tried using the cutoff modifier not wired to the mapper (the default LFO2 routing) and everything works fine, only when I engage the mapper I hear this kind of delay that gets worse with the time.

Same behaviour occurs if I want to modify the pw in the VCO1 via mapper or via the default LFO2

Thanks for the help :)

1: A slightly embarrassing graphic error in the latest release (reported a while back). The label should read "mix".
2: Rock solid here (Mac, simple host "Ju-X"). Check that LFO2 Sync and Multiply are both exactly 1.00, and that the Ramp knobs are exactly 100.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00.

Thank you Howard for the reply :)

I checked all the settings like you suggested and this time I also ran a test with the metronome enabled in Ableton.
Unfortunatly I get the same results, the LFO1 when in tap mode and sync set to 1 cycles a little bit faster than the bpm's so after like 10 rounds you really start hearing the gap.

On the other hand the routing fron the mapper is perfectly aligned with the time.

Is it possible that this is a problem with my host (Ableton)?

Return to “u-he”