NAMM is here, Bitwig announcement predictions were all wrong!

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRist
416 posts since 9 Feb, 2012

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:36 pm

The day is drawing near.. thought it would be fun to talk about what we might see as NAMM comes around. For me I'm hoping to hear announcements for:

1. Version 2! (if we're really lucky)
2. Movie import
3. Per Note Expression
4. Flexible MIDI channel routing
5. Little things like Adjustable Fades, meter, grid and ruler improvements, more APIs and shortcuts, improvements to the Sampler, Save As Default option for devices, plugins, option for Default Audio/Instrument track etc..

If we're even luckier:
6. Audio quick swipe comping
7. Flex Pitch type audio manipulation feature

Let's see how many of our predictions actually come true!
Last edited by anp27 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
18501 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 am

Bitwig just recently came out with 1.2 and then immediately 1.3

I highly doubt there is any new NAMM announcement so soon after those.

KVRist

Topic Starter

416 posts since 9 Feb, 2012

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:07 am

pdxindy wrote:Bitwig just recently came out with 1.2 and then immediately 1.3

I highly doubt there is any new NAMM announcement so soon after those.
My prediction is that they will announce at least something over NAMM but release it 6 months later. So I don't think it is too soon.

KVRian
763 posts since 11 Aug, 2014 from a hillside

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:17 am

I am predicting that they will announce that it has been a very busy time since the last NAMM with many needed updates. As such, they will be spending several weeks after the show relaxing and sunnying themselves on the californian beaches. 8)

KVRAF
6657 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:20 am

BitWig 'Suite' Version with a suite of U-HE instruments at rack level (like Live did with AAS)
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRist
84 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:43 am

SLiC wrote:BitWig 'Suite' Version with a suite of U-HE instruments at rack level (like Live did with AAS)
That would be dream coming true but very unlikely. we still don't have control over fades ! :shock:

KVRian
865 posts since 2 Jan, 2013

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:09 am

anp27 wrote: 3. Per Note Expression
already available, though would be nice if it was extended to:
- allow timbre to be sent on other CCs other than 74
- add support for external MPE synths, i.e. hardware device not just VSTs

flexible midi routing, i think would be almost embarrassing to announce, given most peoples response would be... what you cant do that already?

What I would like to see though, is BW give Moss and TeotiGraphix, a bucket of cash and direct dev support, to make the Push (/ Push 2) and other similar controllers as integrated as they are in Ableton (e.g. so we can add tracks/devices, view audio levels) . the Push with a fully integrated workflow could really challenge Ableton. but it needs to be complete like Ableton, completely mouseless/keyboard operation.

Moss/TeotiGraphix have done a fantastic job, but a few things in the controller api hold them back, they deserve some of the developers time/support to just get those last few things.
so announce at NAMM, Bitwig official support for Push2 in collaboration with Moss/TeotiGraphix :)

KVRian
909 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 am

thetechnobear wrote:
anp27 wrote: flexible midi routing, i think would be almost embarrassing to announce, given most peoples response would be... what you cant do that already?

What I would like to see though, is BW give Moss and TeotiGraphix, a bucket of cash and direct dev support, to make the Push (/ Push 2) and other similar controllers as integrated as they are in Ableton (e.g. so we can add tracks/devices, view audio levels) . the Push with a fully integrated workflow could really challenge Ableton. but it needs to be complete like Ableton, completely mouseless/keyboard operation.

Moss/TeotiGraphix have done a fantastic job, but a few things in the controller api hold them back, they deserve some of the developers time/support to just get those last few things.
so announce at NAMM, Bitwig official support for Push2 in collaboration with Moss/TeotiGraphix :)
+ 1000

Banned
1601 posts since 29 Sep, 2014 from Halmstad, Sweden

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:25 am

If they make an announcement that they work on 1.4.0 people will either be pissed because not focusing on bugs, or people keeps having forum full of cat pictures the next 6 months.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

KVRist
348 posts since 10 Oct, 2011

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:33 am

rex file support?

Banned
1601 posts since 29 Sep, 2014 from Halmstad, Sweden

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:44 am

Bathrobe wrote:rex file support?
prob. not, there are rex players to get, and bitwig has more important features to add first like comping and fades etc. Maybe one time it will come but i dont see it being prioticed. IMO
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

KVRist
101 posts since 25 Jul, 2015 from France, near Paris

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:31 am

thetechnobear wrote: Moss/TeotiGraphix have done a fantastic job, but a few things in the controller api hold them back, they deserve some of the developers time/support to just get those last few things.
Neat. I was thinking, as users, we should be caring to build the community while Bitwig is coding and marketing.

Apart from scripts writers, PolarityDNB, Takai and others have shared their FX chains, videos... that's a good thing to do, IMO a better thing than feature requesting again and again. Hopefully I'll do my part with my version of an M-Audio oxygen script.

KVRian
807 posts since 27 Mar, 2014

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:25 am

Im going to NAMM. Ill be posting constant pics and updates, I got y'all covered! ;)
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

KVRAF
1539 posts since 14 Feb, 2010

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:29 am

TristanMendoza wrote: I got y'all covered! ;)
Roger that! :tu:
Have fun..

KVRAF
8941 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:38 am

thetechnobear wrote:
anp27 wrote: 3. Per Note Expression
already available, though would be nice if it was extended to:
- allow timbre to be sent on other CCs other than 74
- add support for external MPE synths, i.e. hardware device not just VSTs
I'd like to see a setting to adjust for synths with max pitch bends of other than +/- 48 notes. I'm finding most tend to be 24, or even 12 max. Kind of makes separate note pitch control useless if it doesn't bend the right amount.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Return to “Bitwig”