Bitwig at NAMM

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRian
807 posts since 27 Mar, 2014

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Sorry I haven't said much, NAMM is crazy.
Anyways, there's no new features on Bitwig right now. However I know they're working hard on v2.0.
I don't think it'll be anytime soon though, so yeah :)
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

KVRist
50 posts since 24 Mar, 2015

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:34 pm

watch out for the cat invasion!!!

KVRian
1372 posts since 28 Dec, 2012 from Meredith NH

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:34 pm

TristanMendoza wrote:Sorry I haven't said much, NAMM is crazy.
Anyways, there's no new features on Bitwig right now. However I know they're working hard on v2.0.
Ask them if they talked to Native Instruments. :dog:
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:55 am

Any NEW feature or workflow enhancement that you guys want me to bring up to Claes? Like something that isn't already being pounded in here on the forum, or something that's a no brainer. You know?
-Tristan

KVRian
1372 posts since 28 Dec, 2012 from Meredith NH

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:05 am

TristanMendoza wrote:Any NEW feature or workflow enhancement that you guys want me to bring up to Claes? Like something that isn't already being pounded in here on the forum, or something that's a no brainer. You know?
Ask him if NI ever got back to Volker. :) Is there any chance I can finish the Maschine scripts... Seriously. They don't work right on Windows.
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Banned
1601 posts since 29 Sep, 2014 from Halmstad, Sweden

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:11 am

TristanMendoza wrote:Any NEW feature or workflow enhancement that you guys want me to bring up to Claes? Like something that isn't already being pounded in here on the forum, or something that's a no brainer. You know?
i want modifier for mouse with pen tool.
Like holding ctrl when putting in note, isntead of moving velocity by holding and moving up and down, you change postion of note while holding ctrl in y axis. And instead of changing length of note by holding down mouse button and dragin left and right you change postion in x axis. Please ask him to apply that!
Also if i put in note in wrong spot like d instead of d sharp, i could just keep holding mouse button down, then press ctrl and move up and you can change y axis so i switch to d sharp that way. Would been so great as workflow enhancement! same with y axis ofc
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

KVRist
392 posts since 20 Nov, 2014

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 am

Ask claes how tall he is ;)
Formally known as CnuTram.

KVRAF
4447 posts since 21 Jan, 2008 from oO

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:30 am

three threads for no news..efficient ;)
lucid.network | former user Suloo

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:50 am

takaii wrote:
Like holding ctrl when putting in note, isntead of moving velocity by holding and moving up and down, you change postion of note while holding ctrl in y axis. And instead of changing length of note by holding down mouse button and dragin left and right you change postion in x axis. Please ask him to apply that!
Also if i put in note in wrong spot like d instead of d sharp, i could just keep holding mouse button down, then press ctrl and move up and you can change y axis so i switch to d sharp that way. Would been so great as workflow enhancement! same with y axis ofc
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Can't all of this be achieved using just the arrow buttons?
-Tristan

Banned

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:57 am

TristanMendoza wrote:
takaii wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Can't all of this be achieved using just the arrow buttons?
You dont get it i see... ill make a quick video ok
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

KVRist
392 posts since 20 Nov, 2014

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:59 am

So you having a good time then Tristan? :) Anything else blow your mind so far while you've been there?
Formally known as CnuTram.

Banned

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:07 am

Tristan Mendoza like this i talk about in this under 1.5 min long video. Many work with mouse and keyboard for music, and for us that do that, this would be a immense feature. Simple not groundbreaking but so effective for workflow. Link below to video

https://youtu.be/DwX16OwfAA0

KVRAF
1539 posts since 14 Feb, 2010

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:17 am

TeotiGraphix wrote:
Yeah curious about this one aswell....

KVRist
248 posts since 26 Jan, 2014

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:31 am

codec17 wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:
Yeah curious about this one aswell....
What do you mean?

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:42 am

UncleMarty wrote:So you having a good time then Tristan? :) Anything else blow your mind so far while you've been there?
Sonnox plug ins were pretty sweet! Also there's a couple really nice EV mics I want to get. There's some new stuff from Teenage Engineering that looks cool.
My mentor works for Avid and that's how I got into NAMM, so I checked out the Avid booth and they were showing their online collaboration features and it was really cool. However from the way Placidus described how Bitwig collaboration will work, it's gonna be more streamlined.
-Tristan

Return to “Bitwig”