NOVA GE edition - preset bug, praise and a wish

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Nova TDR Nova GE

I'm having issues saving presets in NOVA GE: If I save preset, and then do another one, the second seem to overwrite the first, so even if they are both there, they are the same (the settings in the first saved preset are gone)!?

Am I the only one experiencing this?

But I really enjoy NOVA GE, If I could only have one EQ I think this would be it. Both for it's static and dynamic filters, they're all sweet and 'musical', and just work well - it's obvious that all things has been thoroughly judged. As it happens, sometimes I miss a band-shelf filter, I wonder if this has been considered?

::
Mads

mljung, can you help me with a small liceCap animated gif to illustrate your actions?
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote:mljung, can you help me with a small liceCap animated gif to illustrate your actions?
Yes Fabien, here she comes:
Save preset Test1, make a change and save to a new preset Test2 and then browse between the two.

Mads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Many thanks, I'll get back to you with a sensible answer, but it looks like a conceptual bug on our side.

Thanks!

Ok, this problem happens because you overwrote Test1 (for the session) when preparing Test2. Select Test1 and use the "Reset to original state" function. It should return the original state of Test1.

This behaviour has historic reasons. But I agree that it's confusing, we are currently thinking about a proper, non confusing solution.

Good to know - I will look forward to a "proper, non confusing solution" then :wink:

Mads

Ok, we're about to fix the issue with the forthcoming update!

Great - Thank you!

Mads

mljung wrote:Great - Thank you!
You can now grab the latest update!

Thanks - already done ;-> (haven't used it yet though)

Mads

Well I stumbled upon a little bug when rendering in reaper. When rendering or freezing with "highest quality rendering" set in settings,the rendered file sounded like a high pass filter had been run right through it.
I described what was happening (and sent a project file) to support and within 3 days this has been fixed! :o
Nova GE is now being stapled to my default track channel as well as Slick EQ M and Limiter 6 GE being stapled to my master bus.
This is stellar support from a company imo and I just wanted to show my appreciation for that and their outstanding quality products!
So glad I jumped on these.
A very happy customer :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Mmm, now this reminded me about a question I had about HQ rendering: For a 44.1 project with NOVA on Precise, is there any difference in using HQ rendering and not using it?

heavymetalmixer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:48 am Mmm, now this reminded me about a question I had about HQ rendering: For a 44.1 project with NOVA on Precise, is there any difference in using HQ rendering and not using it?
There shouldn't be. As the overall rendering setting is based on your sound devices sample rate and is offline rendering anyway. I'm sure the "highest quality rendering" setting is for quality set on less than precise (eco mode for CPU consumption for example).
I could be wrong though :shrug:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Highest Quality means highest quality. Surely that means it runs at insane (unless you're only using regular Nova and not Nova GE)

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”