Cheapest place to get RAM

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need a GIG stick of pc3200.

preferably Kingston... cuz that's what i already got.

RAM is expensive these days.

any suggestions?

Jer
Regards,
Jer

If you are stateside- my fav retailer is New Egg Prices are usually (but not always) the lowest you will find, and service is excellent. You can also try Directron The prices are usually good, but I find the owners a bit shifty(they are here in Houston)...

RAM is expensive these days.
geuss you weren't around in the days..
my first pc (ibm xt 286) cost me, I think around $200 to upgrade to 640 kb!

which I had to have to run voyetras' 'sequencer plus'

I remember splitting a 400 dollar hard drive with my bro. It had a stunning 1.2 GB capacity

Ah yes, I remember spending $800 for an 8088 9.54mhz CPU with 640k of ram, and 2 5 1/4" floppy drives, no hard drive, and a CGA graphics card back in 1988.

Anyway, I usually use http://www.pricewatch.com to start my searches, and have for many many years now. Hell, I remember using GOPHER to do price searches on the internet back around 1991-1992! :lol:

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

www.dealnews.com

lates

t-willy

There's a chinese lady at the Boksburg fleamarket that sells them cheap.

seriously

http://www.crucial.com

I buy mine direct from crucial as it seems to be the cheapest that way. Never had any problems with it.
PC3200 is quite pricey stuff mind.

Quick delivery, and always well packaged.

In my experience never ever buy unbranded memory.

enjoy

Harry

Crucial. Direct and excelent support from them. I have never heard of anybody running them down ever.
Anonymity has it's benefits
VirusTIKB,Korg M50,Roland SH-201,RM1x,05R/W,ZeroSL,Sylenth,CubaseS4, GroveAgent3,Ableton Live8,Launchpad

harry_palmer wrote: In my experience never ever buy unbranded memory.
Only if you want issues. All memeory is NOT made equally.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

PugFace wrote:Crucial. Direct and excelent support from them. I have never heard of anybody running them down ever.
was going to say crucial too. i love those guys. as pug said excellent, excellent support. however, i noticed you were looking for kingston. i bought kingston once because it was really cheap, then took it back and bought crucial b/c it wouldn't work with my other stick of ram.

lates

t-willy

Novatech is good for the UK users, I get stuff from them myself; however be careful about getting their cheap RAM – it’s a bit of a hit and miss adventure – I would ask specific questions as to the quality before you buy so you have some comeback if it looks like refurbished stuff. :wink:

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

DevonB wrote:Ah yes, I remember spending $800 for an 8088 9.54mhz CPU with 640k of ram, and 2 5 1/4" floppy drives, no hard drive, and a CGA graphics card back in 1988.

Anyway, I usually use http://www.pricewatch.com to start my searches, and have for many many years now. Hell, I remember using GOPHER to do price searches on the internet back around 1991-1992! :lol:
well arent you the top poo! :P

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”