SynthMaster 2.8 bugs and flaws

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Bugs:
  • When you switch between the 2D LFO's, they don't always light up (just switch between 2D LFO1 and 2D LFO 2 a couple times and you'll see what I mean).

Image:
    As you can see, I am on 2D LFO 2, but it isn't lit up.
  • The LoFi's display either doesn't show up or it freezes when you switch between tabs or other FX.
    Image:
  • Changing FX (or filter) presets makes them turn off.
  • The phase of the dual LFO's is all wonky. You can see that it for some reason it's length is ~1.25 phases long.
    Image:
UI Flaws:
  • The fact that you have to scroll through the modulation matrix is my biggest gripe. What makes it worst is that it appears to be entirely preventable. The 2D LFO's each take up two slots for no reason and the global LFO's are forced into there.
  • Something I'd like to see in the filter section is having a row of algorithms above the filter types instead of a drop down menu.
    Concept Image:
Last edited by RedCyan on Mon May 23, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

For ui flaws +1.
But for
The 2D LFO's each take up two slots for no reason
I think reason is, when you click on 2D LFO Y or X it shows what knob is modulate.

It would by better if all LFO and ADSR have one slot and there will be sub slots for each ADSR, LFO etc..

Oberheim 8000 wrote: I think reason is, when you click on 2D LFO Y or X it shows what knob is modulate.
That's definitely one way of implementing it... but wouldn't it be better to just color code it? So the 2D LFO Y is blue around a knob while the 2D LFO X is green and you can drag the letter X and Y to knobs.
Rough concept image:
Of course, there would obviously one be one "2D LFO 1" tab and not two, but you get the idea.
The "Y" to the right of the LFO display should also be vertically centered.
Last edited by RedCyan on Sun May 22, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What you write is better idea I think, but now it dissapear if you select another modulator. It would have more sense if all modulator which modulate knobs will be allways displayed.

I would also like to add that in FL Studio, the value displayed of some controls differs from what FL Studio displays. From what I've been able to tell so far, SynthMaster is the one displaying the correct value.

Image:
Not to mention I've had it crash FL Studio at least once now... Not sure what's causing it though.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the bug report. We will be going through those issues and try to fix them in our next update.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I installed the latest update for Windows today (Win 10) and i do have my license key on both places in the documents and in the VST folder but i got the license key popup and needed to go online to download the license key....

How do i know that my license key is working for the next installation without going online?

Edit: Computer freezed after activation,hard reset....
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

t3toooo wrote:I installed the latest update for Windows today (Win 10) and i do have my license key on both places in the documents and in the VST folder but i got the license key popup and needed to go online to download the license key....

How do i know that my license key is working for the next installation without going online?

Edit: Computer freezed after activation,hard reset....
Did you get the message "License Key File installed successfully" ? If so it shouldn't pop up that dialog window anymore.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Yes that's the popup i got.I downloaded 2.8 just 5 hours ago but i couldn't see if it was 2.8.2,
regards
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

2.8 dont work in FL12 32bit. Download Licence Key is done.
Scan plugins dont find 2.8, still 2.7
And "2.7" dont work. Sh***t, no Projects will be open.

I cannot get 2.8 to show up as an VSTi Instrument in Reaper... I need the old 2.7 installer badly. :( Anyone?

[quote="h66"]2.8 dont work in FL12 32bit. Download Licence Key is done.
And "2.7" dont work. Sh***t, no Projects will be open.[/quote]

try following:
open synthmaster standalone
there is a request for licens
do the download
try to open as vst again (in reason, fl)

My Problem is that Cubase 7.5 just doesn’t SEE the Synthmaster and SynthmasterPlayer VST anymore (although the DLLs are where they used to and should be). So neither Synthmaster nor SynthmasterPlayer can be loaded as instruments into a Cubase project.

I tried to open an older Cubase project of mine where Synthmaster is used. The project does open (it doesn’t crash) but says that the VST instrument for the track on which SM has been used cannot be found.

I tried replacing the 2.8 DLLs by the 2.7 DLLs. That doesn’t solve the problem, Synthmaster remains invisible to Cubase.

So, what shall we do now? Uninstall all of the KV331 software and reinstall the older versions from scratch?

PS: Sorry for posting this in several threads concerning problems with the 2.8 update. I just didn’t know which thread was the right one.

h66 wrote:2.8 dont work in FL12 32bit. Download Licence Key is done.
And "2.7" dont work. Sh***t, no Projects will be open.

It works for me on 32-bit, but only after some hassle.
After some troubleshooting I had to download a new keyfile & save it.

This was all yesterday - there were some times it worked & didn't work. I may try again tonight to see if it's now consistently working, or spotty.

Bug1: in ModMatrix double click on the square doesn´t reset the diagonal line correctly
Bug2: Sometimes I´m not able to draw steps in the sequencer

Win7x64, Bitwig 1.3.9
The average bored guy

Return to “KV331 Audio”