Volta – A GUI for u-he Diva

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beautiful and great functionality. Total instabuy.

Using it for some days, my only "complain" is the marker on the Mini Moog style knobs.
I guess it's because of staying true to the original Moog design, but it's pretty damn hard to see.

Maybe a simple black line wouldn't ruin much of the design.

Anyway, awesome work.

Very very nice. Bought!

That wasn't my issue. I was in the wrong Library folder.

svervs wrote:Beautiful and great functionality. Total instabuy.

Using it for some days, my only "complain" is the marker on the Mini Moog style knobs.
I guess it's because of staying true to the original Moog design, but it's pretty damn hard to see.

Anyway, awesome work.
exactly, same here. i bought this immediately without testing, but had to uninstall because of those "fonts" choices for the dropdown menus.
very hard to read, and in some cases changing the modulation source does not change the displayed selection, it keeps that annoying font/image value. specifically in Osc2 for Dual DCO values.
if that is fixed i would go back, otherwise Flataholic skin remains my favourite
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

One of the absolutely most beautiful softsynth-skins I've ever seen. You should be employed right away.

LAMeduck wrote:One of the absolutely most beautiful softsynth-skins I've ever seen. You should be employed right away.
+1
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
LAMeduck wrote:One of the absolutely most beautiful softsynth-skins I've ever seen. You should be employed right away.
+1
+1

Hello everybody,
please redownload from your account or e-mail that have been send.

Update Version 1.2:

- Added Tag Panel (Right click on “Save” or in Browser window “Tags”)
- Added Auto Tag Feature to Preferences Panel
- Changed wrong graphic on Dual VCO FMModDepth default source label from LFO2 to ENV2

The NKS Tag Feature was the last on the to-do list. So everything that was missing should be there now.

Wonderful work on this!

Is there any chance we could get a version without the current logo?
Marius Masalar | Composer for Media | https://www.marius.fm

svervs wrote:Beautiful and great functionality. Total instabuy.

Anyway, awesome work.
+1
have a hard time seeing the current position. thought about changing it myself, but an option or the led style could be applied here..
otherwise very good work with the skin!
thanks

------------------------------
logo mod removed.
Last edited by hydrogxn on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://kirkwoodwest.com/

Fantastic skin bought it thanks. I hope to one day see Bazille and ACE looking like a Roland synth. :)

hydrogxn wrote:for those guys complaining about the logo... i threw did some shopping.
I hope the author doesn't get mad at me. <3
I am not mad at you and I can totally understand you all. It is only fairly disrespectful and disappointing when someone takes over your project and all that stuff gets out of control (Attention: Overstatement :wink: ). Especially if you work on solutions and have limited time to do updates.

In general:
it’s up to you testing the demo and decide to purchase it but I will not make a “modular“ GUI to satisfy anybody’s taste. I don’t work for Google. With u-he everybody has the possibility to create his dream GUI (Again, big respect to them).

When I chose the logo I knew it will produce reactions and I did it on purpose. It’s a character logo, one will hate it and one will love it, same like people. I’m not into boring nonetheless. I could create 100 logos now and there will be still somebody don’t liking it.
The logo represents the overall impression.

I had two big goals for this project: on the one hand try to get a perspective on workflow, on the other hand make it more emotional.
The emotional part is definitely coming from the history side. So I created the voice part obvious as possible and embedded them in a pure and decent casing (Very simplified explanation).

For example, I never heard anybody discussing how user friendly Moog’s knobs are, they even rebuild the Model D with it now.
Don’t get me wrong: they aren’t that user friendly, either soft- nor hardware. The point I make is that one connects a feeling to it: “Not very readable, but hey… it’s a Moog… it has to be and feel like that“.
At least, if you produce you don’t see the GUI 90% of the time anyway if else you mostly check the info display for numerical adjustment. That is a discussable statement to get criticized, but I decided like that for now but not forever. I wanted to get the emotional part.

I read every post on this topic and received many e-mails. I jot down everything. I suppose any critic seriously including my own. Some critics are only a matter of taste, some are not quite understandable and some are well argued. But I will not make ad hoc decisions.
This GUI is miles away from being something like perfect. Perfection is an utopia and always in the future… you will never reach it.

I don’t have a problem if you change details for your own use (you took the original one which is “best case“) or make mockups to show up ideas for improvements. But it's like buying a track, change the guitar and share it to everybody on the net who disliked the guitar.

It is only a week ago since the release, some patience would be nice. It got a learning curve. Sorry, if it was too much drama.
Yeah, kill me now! :phew: :hug:

You've done beautiful work, and deserve a ton of credit for a great design. Personally, I love your work, logo and all. Well done.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

User Data wrote: I don’t have a problem if you change details for your own use (you took the original one which is “best case“) or make mockups to show up ideas for improvements. But it's like buying a track, change the guitar and share it to everybody on the net who disliked the guitar.
Cheers! i took down the link to the file!
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://kirkwoodwest.com/

Return to “u-he”