Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

octaveup wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:50 am
msvs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:25 am In these 90 days you are completely independent from the internet
Appreciate your reply, thanks.

The problem:

If I'm travelling on the 90th day (no internet) and trying to work on the move - bam! Avenger becomes unusable until I get back to the internet, no warning, often many hours and inspiration lost

:scared:
Are you traveling through the jungle with no reception at all? Or in the desert? Almost all hotels have wifi, and you can use your mobile as a hotspot just do update the licenses when needed. It will cost you probably a maximum of $5 (roaming prices), as not much data is transferred.

This is a made up "problem".
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Now that the codemeter mess came up again, can you already say anything about what will happen to your other plugins? Now that Steinberg discontinued the eLicenser, will they (the V-plugins) change their cp scheme to codemeter too? Or get a keyfile protection or become freeware? Or do they just get lost?
Last edited by KYes on Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanielPL wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:26 am Nope, actually Codemeter does the job. :wink:
If this is true, that's great news!!

Why does mine continue to expire, then? :help:

Can we confirm this, and then if that's the case, I can try re-installing CodeMeter, Avenger etc.?

KYes wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:06 pm (...)Now that Steinberg discontinued the eLicenser, will they change their cp scheme to codemeter too? Or get a keyfile protection or become freeware? Or do they just get lost?
You are asking - I assume msvs - about Steinberg's copy protection? With all respect, that's nonsense :help:
octaveup wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:34 am
DanielPL wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:26 am Nope, actually Codemeter does the job. :wink:
If this is true, that's great news!!

Why does mine continue to expire, then? :help:

Can we confirm this, and then if that's the case, I can try re-installing CodeMeter, Avenger etc.?
What do you want to confirm? Vengeance incorporated Codemeter as their copy protection solution.
If your copy is expiring somehow you should raise a ticket. I licensed my two computers (one being a laptop). Spare me for not being any pro musician, producer (or whatever) - it means I'm not using Avenger frequently enough but I've never had any problems with my licenses. The same applies to Nexus which I also own. Sure, my licenses expired maybe once or twice but they were automatically renewed. I've had absolutely nothing to do, besides restart maybe - I can live with that.

Take care gyus :tu:

DanielPL wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:12 am
KYes wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:06 pm (...)Now that Steinberg discontinued the eLicenser, will they change their cp scheme to codemeter too? Or get a keyfile protection or become freeware? Or do they just get lost?
You are asking - I assume msvs - about Steinberg's copy protection? With all respect, that's nonsense :help:
No, the post was about the future of the other Vengeance plugins. But thanks for pointing out I needed to clarify it even more :lol:

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 pm
octaveup wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:50 am
msvs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:25 am In these 90 days you are completely independent from the internet
Appreciate your reply, thanks.

The problem:

If I'm travelling on the 90th day (no internet) and trying to work on the move - bam! Avenger becomes unusable until I get back to the internet, no warning, often many hours and inspiration lost

:scared:
Are you traveling through the jungle with no reception at all? Or in the desert? Almost all hotels have wifi, and you can use your mobile as a hotspot just do update the licenses when needed. It will cost you probably a maximum of $5 (roaming prices), as not much data is transferred.

This is a made up "problem".
Space travel?

KYes wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:06 pm Now that the codemeter mess came up again, can you already say anything about what will happen to your other plugins? Now that Steinberg discontinued the eLicenser, will they (the V-plugins) change their cp scheme to codemeter too? Or get a keyfile protection or become freeware? Or do they just get lost?
since thats happening in over 1 year from now, we are not sure what will be done, yet. But I can say for sure they will not become freeware or get "lost" (? :dog: )

Muito obrigado, fiz o que falou e resolveu meu problema..desinstalei os dois VST e coloquei só os VST2, abriu perfeitamente no meu ABLETON LIVE 11. Thank you so much.

My license does not update automatically. every 90 days I have to go through some crazy BS, that I can't remember how I got working 90 days prior. Is there an easy solution to this?

go VMAN, press button

msvs wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:00 am go VMAN, press button

Now confused - others have been saying that it's automatic.

Can you confirm:

Does the license update automatically, or do we need to manually open VMAN each time and click the button?

Thanks.

Open V Man, it says : ”your licence will expire soon, do you want to update it ?” or smthg, done.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

octaveup wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:50 pm
msvs wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:00 am go VMAN, press button

Now confused - others have been saying that it's automatic.

Can you confirm:

Does the license update automatically, or do we need to manually open VMAN each time and click the button?

Thanks.
It's a manual process. Open VMAN and if it's within 10 days or so of expiration the prompt comes up automatically if you want to renew. Click yes, wait a minute or so, done.

I know there was talk of automating it. But I think dusted william overstated it as "crazy bs".
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

How can I see how many days of activation I have left?

Has anyone let it go past the 90 days?
Hopefully, you can just "reactivate" in VMAN...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Instruments”