Used Receptor

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All,
Just picked up a used Receptor 1, rev C, not knowing exactly what I was getting into. I usually do a little more research, but that was not an option this time. It turns out that it won't boot. I've tried everything in the KB, but I can't even get a bios screen. Fans and drive spin up and I get the "Initializing" message, but nothing happens.

I'm using a USB keyboard for boot commands, and thought maybe I should try to find a PS/2 keyboard??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm reading that I might not be able to get it to use "Rack" mode if I have to go with a new image. Can someone explain that?

Thanks a lot,
Matthew

hello
Remove the mouse / keyboard etc try leaving it switched on and let it run for an hour or so it might come to life after a while.
if this dosent work open it up and check the internal conections to The hd /motherboard etc.
Dont wory about the rack mode thing it is not applicable to a rev 1.C.

Regards Andy

Thanks, Andy, I'll give that a try.

Well, unfortunately that had no effect and the connections all look good. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

Hello
There seems to be allot of broblems with rev 1 cs at the moment every other post here seems to be about broken down rev c i guess they are geting old.
Open it up again and look at the mainboard model name,then do a google search to find the user manual for it and work out how to get into bios. You should Try "del" or "f10" or "f11" .
You need to see if the Hd is alive or not.
If its dead you will need an image from a working system in order to get it up and runing.
Does the Hd make any sound when you switch on the unit ?
You can boot the system with unetbootin from a usb thumb drive and use the diagnostic tools to check if the hd is alive dead or crashed.(google unetbootin to download)
If the drive is dead you will need an image from a working system in order to get the unit up and runing.A few pople here are having the same problem.
regards Andy

Thanks so much; lots of good info. I had tried del and F12, per the KB, but hadn't tried the others. Busy weekend ahead, but I'll tackle this again next week.

Best Regards,
Matthew

knerr wrote:Hello All,
Just picked up a used Receptor 1, rev C, not knowing exactly what I was getting into. I usually do a little more research, but that was not an option this time. It turns out that it won't boot. I've tried everything in the KB, but I can't even get a bios screen. Fans and drive spin up and I get the "Initializing" message, but nothing happens.

I'm using a USB keyboard for boot commands, and thought maybe I should try to find a PS/2 keyboard??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm reading that I might not be able to get it to use "Rack" mode if I have to go with a new image. Can someone explain that?

Thanks a lot,
Matthew
Ah, I've had this issue several times over the years.

Try this: open up the unit and make sure the audio card is snug in the PCI slot. Apparently, this became an issue for some people. It fixed the issue for me once. While you're at it, make sure all the other components haven't come loose at all.

Also, the original power supply for the Rev. C is known to have problems. I had to replace it after many similar boot problems. The replacement works like a charm, although it doesn't fit perfectly.

I'm under the impression that you get a completely blank screen after powering up. Do you get any POST beeps? Have you tried removing components one-by-one to see if anything changes?

Return to “Muse Research and Development”