So, I installed Mac OS Sierra ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

medienhexer wrote:Sure reads like I might update early for the first time:

http://cdm.link/2016/09/real-apple-news ... xed-month/
Fingers crossed this is true. So far in my limited testing, it looks like it is true.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Jolaff wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote: Why? Just cmd-n for a second finder window.
Because it's more efficient than doing cmd-n + placing windows side by side with "Spectacle app".

Is there a shortcut that place the Finder windows that is on top and the one just under side by side that I don't know?

I guess this is why Linux implemented it.
I don't understand why the windows need to be side-to-side. Can you explain this?

To be able to quickly copy or move files i guess. I do get the point, but, i usually use 2 windows for that on Windows, and really large file copy, or move operations, i do with a file sync program, because it's a PITA, to say the least, to do big copy sessions like that. I figure the reason why Apple doesn't feel the need to do this, is, because it doesn't comply to their philosophy. MacOS is supposed to be a easy to use, elegant, minimalistic OS, which doesn't offer gazillions of functions on every app, but rather gives you a few, classic functions instead. I haven't really done much with Finder though, so i can't really judge that. But i doubt that Apple have something like a divided Finder window on their to-do list.

Robert Randolph wrote:
I don't understand why the windows need to be side-to-side. Can you explain this?
Yes, with pleasure. To optimise space.

Jolaff wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Doesn't using overlapping windows optimize space even better though?

Robert Randolph wrote:
Jolaff wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Well, I don't want to argue all night on this. It's just a feature I would like to have and would be more useful FOR ME than all the new features from the, at least, last 3 OSX updates combine. If you don't feel the need for this, good for you man! :)

chk071 wrote: MacOS is supposed to be a easy to use, elegant, minimalistic OS, which doesn't offer gazillions of functions on every app, but rather gives you a few, classic functions instead.
Unfortunately you are probably right. Their philosophy is more to manage everything for us instead of giving us more flexibility to manage things as we want.

Jolaff wrote:
chk071 wrote: MacOS is supposed to be a easy to use, elegant, minimalistic OS, which doesn't offer gazillions of functions on every app, but rather gives you a few, classic functions instead.
Unfortunately you are probably right. Their philosophy is more to manage everything for us instead of giving us more flexibility to manage things as we want.
That's at least the impression i always get when using a Mac, yes. :) But then, that more and more holds true for Windows too unfortunately. :( Can't blame them though, the common PC user is indeed a dummy.

Jolaff wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Jolaff wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Well, I don't want to argue all night on this. It's just a feature I would like to have and would be more useful FOR ME than all the new features from the, at least, last 3 OSX updates combine. If you don't feel the need for this, good for you man! :)
I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to discuss, and potentially learn.

I've just been asking questions, no hidden agenda.

I use Pathfinder - http://www.cocoatech.com/pathfinder/

It would be kinda cool if this needed up being a thread on installing Mac OS Sierra, and the related good and bad things that happen with DAWs and plugins. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Yosemite with total finder is still most blissful mac finder experience.. command U is a Godsend.

Wow thank you guys! Now I have a beautiful problem!! Pathfinder or TotalFinder?!?! :D

Jolaff wrote:Wow thank you guys! Now I have a beautiful problem!! Pathfinder or TotalFinder?!?! :D
This choice is easy IMO.

http://blog.binaryage.com/el-capitan-update/

Pathfinder seems to be the better product moving forward.

chk071 wrote:
Jolaff wrote:
That's at least the impression i always get when using a Mac, yes. :) But then, that more and more holds true for Windows too unfortunately. :( Can't blame them though, the common PC user is indeed a dummy.
This is what I meant in my previous post.
8)

Robert Randolph wrote:
Jolaff wrote:Wow thank you guys! Now I have a beautiful problem!! Pathfinder or TotalFinder?!?! :D
This choice is easy IMO.

http://blog.binaryage.com/el-capitan-update/

Pathfinder seems to be the better product moving forward.
yep ...this is what I saw when I tried to try the Total Finder demo... so I went for PathFinder

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”