Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Adam you magnificent son of a bitch you did it. Well done mate, what a fantastic achievement.

So, does that mean you can load commercial Virus sound banks like Resonance?

tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:26 pm So, does that mean you can load commercial Virus sound banks like Resonance?
Please pay attention to Adam's explanation of the import feature. In short, Viper is not one-to-one emulation, but a close approximation and a synth on it's own.
Some presets may sound naturally different due to different parameters ranges or not-intersecting features, for better or worse.
(I didn't stumble across ones I'd dislike, but I checked some tens of presets of Snow library)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:37 pm
tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:26 pm So, does that mean you can load commercial Virus sound banks like Resonance?
Please pay attention to Adam's explanation of the import feature. In short, Viper is not one-to-one emulation, but a close approximation and a synth on it's own.
Some presets may sound naturally different due to different parameters ranges or not-intersecting features, for better or worse.
(I didn't stumble across ones I'd dislike, but I checked some tens of presets of Snow library)
I read and understand the caveats. Has anyone tested it with Aiyn Zahev's "Dream State" pack? He always does great sounds...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... TI-Patches

Great Job Adam I appreciate your hard work here! As a long time Viper user I've loved it since day one, I wish you much success. I have the TI2 here, and this update really compliments it.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm
I read and understand the caveats. Has anyone tested it with Aiyn Zahev's "Dream State" pack? He always does great sounds...

Yes Dream State works just fine!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:46 pm
tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm

Yes Dream State works just fine!
Awesome!

I've been testing a lot of banks and can say that a lot sound surprisingly perfect. I've noticed that some patches on the virus sound a little richer and darker, and the viper sounds a little brighter and thinner. But most of the time I'm finding it's really a perfect match-up. I'm seriously debating whether I need my virus after this. It's pretty crazy. In some cases I find the viper better sounding.
I suspect the difference I'm hearing is one of the effects, like chorus or the reverb, or maybe the unison.
Either way, it's a massive success! Nice job!

I got a problem here, I downloaded the file using the receipt as you stated, it was the exact same filename as I had saved. But I used it anyway.

I delete the Viper.dll and just install the Viper(64).dll and then loaded Cubase.

Cubase then reported 32bit plugins are not supported and Viper isn't there. Did you mix up the .dll's ? Or has something gone wrong.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:37 am I got a problem here, I downloaded the file using the receipt as you stated, it was the exact same filename as I had saved. But I used it anyway.

I delete the Viper.dll and just install the Viper(64).dll and then loaded Cubase.

Cubase then reported 32bit plugins are not supported and Viper isn't there. Did you mix up the .dll's ? Or has something gone wrong.
Both the 32 bit and 64 Vipers have the same ID, so maybe Cubase wants to still load the old one, or perhaps you have another Viper.dll (demo version maybe) somewhere in your plugin list and Cubase wants to load that.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:06 am
LeVzi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:37 am I got a problem here, I downloaded the file using the receipt as you stated, it was the exact same filename as I had saved. But I used it anyway.

Both the 32 bit and 64 Vipers have the same ID, so maybe Cubase wants to still load the old one, or perhaps you have another Viper.dll (demo version maybe) somewhere in your plugin list and Cubase wants to load that.
No I deleted the Viper.dll , as that's the 32. It was literally just the viper(64).dll in my plugins folder, and it saw it as a 32bit and blacklisted it.

I rolled back to the previous version and it's working again. There are no other versions of viper anywhere else.

The only other idea I have is that perhaps you are missing some libraries for the 64 bit version and cubase cannot load it?
Please download and install vcredist_x64.exe for the 64 bit, and vcredist_x86.exe for the 32 bit version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784

If you do a scan again hopefully it should now appear in Cubase. I have it working fine in Cubase 10.

ohhh i didnt know VIPER until now! what the?

here some questions :D

i never owned a VIRUS Synth but it is some holy grail afaik, is the VIRUS TI the most common one?
many people say Virus hardware is nothing special anymore since Serum, Spire etc. so what is special about VIPER? i see the import feature which seems awesome, are there banks legally to download?
does the Virus/Viper synth has anything special over Spire/Serum etc?

thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

adamtrance wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:27 pm The only other idea I have is that perhaps you are missing some libraries for the 64 bit version and cubase cannot load it?
Please download and install vcredist_x64.exe for the 64 bit, and vcredist_x86.exe for the 32 bit version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784

If you do a scan again hopefully it should now appear in Cubase. I have it working fine in Cubase 10.
But it is working fine, the previous version :shrug:

The latest one wont work.

LeVzi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:51 pm But it is working fine, the previous version :shrug:

The latest one wont work.
Then I really have no idea Im afraid. I have lots of versions here as you can imagine and they all work in Cubase 10. Others have it working there as well. Something really funky must be going on in your end. Maybe you need to do some deep scan, or new verify scan in Cubase I am not an expert in that Daw.

Return to “Instruments”