Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
vectorwarrior
KVRian
Topic Starter
1022 posts since 23 Sep, 2006

Post Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:52 am

I've created a post about this on the Reaper forum and emailed melda about it too, but thought I'd share in case there are any reaper users on here.

Short version, there's an issue with item fx and melda plugins in that if you move an item with an fx to a different track and then undo, you'll lose the settings of the fx and it resets to default. The fix is to disable 'save minimal undo states', but this must be done on each instance, rather than in the FX browser. Apparently melda asked for it to function this way (i'm sure they had their reasons but this has seriously screwed me this week, lost about a whole day's work in total).

Disable this

Here's the thread on the reaper forum:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php? ... ost1758785

Just wanted to shine a light on this to avoid others getting hit by this.

Thanks

MeldaProduction
KVRAF
13442 posts since 15 Mar, 2008 from Czech republic

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:20 am

Thanks for the info. Just for clarification, when Save minimal undo states is disabled, Reaper performs a full save of the plugin state whenever you finish touching any controls. For many complex plugins with thousands of parameters this can cause glitches. So it is highly recommended to enable this, which makes Reaper only store the parameters being changed (which seems logical after all). But apparently Reaper applies this even to this track editing, which I have no clue why, seems like a bug, hard to say.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”