[Repro-1] Released!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Update: We're live with the final version -> https://www.u-he.com/Repro-1

Note: The beta version posted below will be fully functional till the end of 2016, using the beta serial number. The final version available from our website doesn't take this serial.

Hi all,

Here we go for a new (final?) iteration of public beta testing for Repro-1!

Although we have been overwhelmed by feedback from the first public beta, we have not rested until we addressed most of the remaining issues:
  • CPU-usage has been reduced by more than 30% on average, even up to 60% for CPU-hungry patches
  • a "CPU Saver" mode (as opposed to "HQ") reduces this by another 40% or so, a "Sleepy" mode reduces the cost while Repro-1 is idle
  • 400+ presets were added
  • lots of bugs and niggles fixed (see changelog below)
So we're on track for a release candidate! We'll be spending the next two weeks polishing and fixing stuff so that we can release this on December 6th.

Until then, enjoy… and let us know what you think,

- Urs & team

Mac version: Repro-1_5279_Mac.zip (AAX/AU/NKS/VST2/VST3)

Win version: Repro-1_5279_Win.zip (AAX/NKS/VST2/VST3)

Linux version: Repro-1_5279_Linux.tar.gz (VST2)

Documentation: Repro-1-user-guide.pdf

System Requirements: MacOS X 10.7+, Win 7+, reasonably fast processor.

Here is a temporary serial number for Repro-1:

User Name: "Beta Tester"
Serial Number: "V9574-NOL2Q-FUIUA-GQG8" <- only works for the user name above!

This serial will be valid for until the end of 2016 (beta versions only).

If you already own a license for the full version you can keep using that one. Just download the version and install.

If you can't wait and/or if you wish to take advantage of the introductory offer, here's a link to buy Repro-1 from our shop:

Buy Repro-1 for 69$ (+ VAT/Sales Tax where applicable) (final price will be 99$ (+ VAT/Sales Tax where applicable), from its official release on December 6th)

improvements:

* Greatly reduced CPU consumption
* CPU saving options: HQ and Sleepy Mode
* Trigger and Clock Phase added as modulation sources
* Sequencer - setting a ‘rest’ no longer alters the note and velocity value
* Sequencer - copy & paste correctly implemented now
* LFO Rate control is now disabled when not active
* Oscillator and Filter tweak options added
* Factory presets added
* Updated manual included

fixed:

* Wrongly pitched notes when arp & sequencer were active at same time
* Glide was affecting notes even when set to zero
* Note priority ‘last’ - issue when holding more than two notes
* Sequencer - sound would continue if the host was stopped on a tied note
* Sequencer - skipped a step when looping in certain hosts
* Sequencer & Arp - problems with certain buffer sizes
* Arp - note order was not always correct
* Sustain Pedal (CC64) was not functioning properly
* Sonic Conditioner - limiter LED was not working
* Sonic Conditioner - stereo width was not making signal mono at zero
* CPU spikes when changing clock rates or sequencer play mode
* Clock time base control required too much mouse movement
* FLStudio - LFO modulation was causing crackles
* Clicks while switching presets significantly reduced (will be reduced further)
* more…

remaining issues and notes:

* Renoise - project with many instances can lead to CPU overload on first start
* Sonar - if you experience a crash with the VST3 version, Sonar needs a VS++ 2015 update
* Windows - gamma settings incorrect after change (reopen GUI to fix)
* GUI - resizing issues in some hosts (try closing and reopening the GUI)
* VST3 - MIDI learn page not working (assign CCs on MIDI table page instead)
* VST3 - MIDI program change function not activated in Cubase
* Some parameters missing on the host automation list
* Sound glitches when switching presets, especially in ‘sleepy’ mode (will be fixed asap)
* A few hiccups with arp & sequencer

Thank you Urs et al.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks !
Very nice CU improvements since previous version !
This is still a heavy CPU synth, but we have more than doubled the number of tracks here !

One question, how can i edit all the details from a patch ?

If i start from an existing patch, and change it completely, i would like to be able to save it, changing the tags ...
(The part under authors name)
Last edited by soundgeek on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quick Question,
I noted it removed (at least on mac) all the previous presets (I am sure they are most in the final bank in subfolders.
What I did, like I did in Hive, was create folder called Factory Presets Preview and put the old ones in there. My question is, future installations shouldn't remove that folder should it?

Also nice to finally see EH work on one of your synths..... He is one of my favourite sound designers.

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:What I did, like I did in Hive, was create folder called Factory Presets Preview and put the old ones in there. My question is, future installations shouldn't remove that folder should it?
Yes, our installers don't remove or delete anything (if they do - please report it as a bug, but I'm quite certain they never do)

soundgeek wrote:One question, how can i edit all the details from a patch ?

If i start from an existing patch, and change it completely, i would like to be able to save it, changing the tags ...
Right-click the Save button.

EvilDragon wrote:
soundgeek wrote:One question, how can i edit all the details from a patch ?

Right-click the Save button.
Thanks !

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:What I did, like I did in Hive, was create folder called Factory Presets Preview and put the old ones in there. My question is, future installations shouldn't remove that folder should it?
Yes, our installers don't remove or delete anything (if they do - please report it as a bug, but I'm quite certain they never do)
Will report as I don't see the presets from the previous beta where they were.
rsp

Hmmm It is fine on PC........not the mac.
Will reinstall on mac.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Nice. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

thanks for the update!

1. Is filter envelope suppose to behave flimsy when repro retrig is off?
2. Also i see there is flickering when moving knobs.

zvenx wrote:Will report as I don't see the presets from the previous beta where they were.
I got a bit confused back and forth about this. The installer indeed removes the previously installed files. It does however not delete any user saved presets, or patches downloaded from the internet. It would have been a bug if it had deleted user added presets... :phew:

The biggest change was that we sorted the top level presets into the categories, and we fixed "1982" to "1981" after re-reading a book about a certain synth company.

Elektronisch wrote:1. Is filter envelope suppose to behave flimsy when repro retrig is off?
What exactly do you mean with that?
Elektronisch wrote:2. Also i see there is flickering when moving knobs.
Are you maybe on Windows, and changed the gamma setting in the preferences?

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:Will report as I don't see the presets from the previous beta where they were.
I got a bit confused back and forth about this. The installer indeed removes the previously installed files. It does however not delete any user saved presets, or patches downloaded from the internet. It would have been a bug if it had deleted user added presets... :phew:

The biggest change was that we sorted the top level presets into the categories, and we fixed "1982" to "1981" after re-reading a book about a certain synth company.

Hmmm.. well it it didn't remove any user presets because there weren't any to remove from me :-).
I have been in contact with Viktor.
On PC it didn't do anything strange, so now it has both 1981 and 1982 folder as I would want it to, and the prefixes are there for some of the files in Local as I would want them to be. Whereas on Mac in cleaned up.
Strange thing though is I went back to time machine from last night and had it recreate Repro-1 folder as it was before and I did did the install and it did it just like it did on the PC..... kept everything.
as I would want it to.

rsp
sound sculptist

Well, I guess it's just how the Apple installer works. If you wish to keep the previously installed stuff, maybe you need to delete the receipt file. We'll look into this...

For now I'm just glad it doesn't erase anything else, there was quite a bit of an adrenaline rush in the office at first.

Urs wrote:Well, I guess it's just how the Apple installer works. If you wish to keep the previously installed stuff, maybe you need to delete the receipt file. We'll look into this...

For now I'm just glad it doesn't erase anything else, there was quite a bit of an adrenaline rush in the office at first.
Viktor more or less just said the same thing to me.
I can do like I did with Hive, move them to another Folder....

sorry :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”