Anyone jumped ship / switched DAW this year?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:I thought reaper had ARA. That twilight zone, it's a bitch.
If Reaper has ARA in the twilight zone I am
heading that way! :lol:

Wasn't it announced or something? Maybe it was an april fools joke, but something is vaguely in my head about it.

incubus wrote:Wasn't it announced or something? Maybe it was an april fools joke, but something is vaguely in my head about it.
There is Feature Request in the Reaper Forum for ARA support.
But will like to hear more if you recall the info.

I'm not sure I can :shrug:

I was under the impression it had it, sorry to have gotten your hopes up :(

incubus wrote:I'm not sure I can :shrug:

I was under the impression it had it, sorry to have gotten your hopes up :(
It was more fun being in the twilight zone! :lol:

hehe, well, I wish I could help. But I do have some embedded memory of it being there. (w/o the editor version for free like S1 or Tracktion)

Almost end of the year, any new refugees? :D
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I abandoned both Sonar and Windows some time back in 2014 or 2015...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Zexila wrote:Almost end of the year, any new refugees? :D
Naah, more like adding even more DAWs to my arsenal :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I jumped from Logic to Cubase. I'm still between both. But I want to try move completely over to Cubase because of its advanced MIDI functionality

starflakeprj wrote:
Zexila wrote:Almost end of the year, any new refugees? :D
Naah, more like adding even more DAWs to my arsenal :)
You naughty boy :D
ontracktuts wrote:I jumped from Logic to Cubase. I'm still between both. But I want to try move completely over to Cubase because of its advanced MIDI functionality
In the similar boat. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I wanted to because of this terrible skipping notes bug with the latest Studio One update but couldn't find anything else I like better
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ontracktuts wrote:I jumped from Logic to Cubase. I'm still between both. But I want to try move completely over to Cubase because of its advanced MIDI functionality
I have contemplated this for years. can you elaborate on what the advanced midi functionality is in Cubase?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

I'm not probably doing anything that advanced, but I have this to offer:
Logic will only fully show one controller (pitch bend included, technical diff notwithstanding) at a time. Cubase will show as many as your screen space allows. So if you work like I do, linearly where we work on multiple parts moving from one to another, and with different requirement for parts (some will be just velocity and pb, some multiple CCs etc) it's a nice workflow. Simple toggle for moving from grabbing all your notes/all parts to solo editing. Logic's Hyper Editor way was torture for me.

You may want to keep it around for its other strengths. I found that importing a notation file is very straightforward in Logic while Cubase may give a WTF factor in its interpretation of a MIDI from even MuseScore. Now Cubase has 'docking' which doesn't do much for me but accustomed to Logic it's one thing in common where it wasn't before.

Dewdman42 wrote:
I have contemplated this for years. can you elaborate on what the advanced midi functionality is in Cubase?
Remembered this one, maybe it will help

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=445626

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”