NAMM-Bitwig 2.0 Update.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

I thought we would dedicate this thread just for any updates regarding 2.0 coming from the NAMM show. Anyone who finds any content that might help us know more about 2.0 appearing at NAMM, whether vids ,articles, links ..pls share them here.

I can't wait to know more about 2.0

Peace

Thanks!! I am still looking as well!

Sold on bitwig,not sold on the surface

Yessss ahah nice this makes me even more excited :)

One feature I noticed at NAMM was the step modulator can go really high in number of steps, I think I saw it go as high as 32 or maybe even 64 steps - very cool
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Oh an it looks AWESOME in action - I was surprised how good the little GUI improvements look
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Seems like they've streamlined the touch and regular interfaces. Maybe they are one and the same now? It's nice to see them actually demonstrating on a touch screen. It gives me confidence that they've improved the touch functions in 2.0. I mean what if someone wants to see them edit automation. I'm sure they wouldn't set themselves up to be like "ummmm, we have to get the mouse for that..."

After watching the above video from Sonic state , it made really wonder..Is there really "more" to 2.0 other than the new modulators and the new/updated devices? I mean those are insanely cool and can't wait to try them, but did anyone notice any workflow feature here or there? Piano roll seems to be untouched..

I hope to see an intructional video from the bitwig team elaborating on all what's new.

There is one improvement to the piano roll, which is that you can set the pointer tool individually for the piano roll. So lets say you select the pointer tool for the arrangement window and the pen tool for the piano roll. So whenever you hover the piano roll, your pointer will change into the pen toll automatically. Quite nice and speeds up the workflow.

sonson5 wrote:After watching the above video from Sonic state , it made really wonder..Is there really "more" to 2.0 other than the new modulators and the new/updated devices? I mean those are insanely cool and can't wait to try them, but did anyone notice any workflow feature here or there? Piano roll seems to be untouched..
There are some editing workflow improvements:
With Bitwig Studio 2, we've improved the efficiency of our tools. You can now achieve many standard tasks without having to swap tools: depending on where you click, you can select multiple objects or time segments, edit fades or zoom and scroll.
Furthermore, the arranger and detail editors now have their own tool selector - enabling you to work with separate tools in the two editors.
Oh, and a small nugget for the note editor aficionados: when using the pen tool, right-clicking a note now deletes it. You're welcome.
See the full list of things here:

https://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/bitwig-studio-2

It's more like 1.5, but even if it's a very modest and short list, it can also hint at a stable and well polished release right off the bat.

Right click deletes notes in piano roll - huge improvement for me

5:16 in video claes: "Bitwig hasnt changed that much since verison 1"

https://youtu.be/e-fE5eCXN0Y?t=5m16s

xD hahaha man very small update

Yes, he was demonstrating the GUI, which should not surprise us a lot in the next release.

Return to “Bitwig”