invalid serial

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Sugar Bytes!
Bought the awesome Factory yesterday. Works fine in stand alone, but when I open it in Garage Band it says Invalid Serial. The Demo used to open in Garage Band. "Invalid Serial" is not clickable like another post said. What do I do?

Hi djsportsball,

seems that your Garageband is still looking for an old component.
So I would recommend to delete the VST and AU of Factory.

Per default it's installed in:

VST:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Factory.vst

AU:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Factory.component

Do the same for the VST or AU in case you copied it to another plugin folder you specified in Garageband.

After deleting and before reinstalling Factory please start Garageband, close it again and install the latest version of Factory. Doublecheck to enter the serial by hand to avoid whitespace copy/pasted errors.

Then please check if the Factory.component and Factory.vst are located in the plugin folder your Garageband is using and force a Plugin rescan.

This should fix it.

If it still doesn't work, does your user account has admin rights? Maybe this would solve any problems.
Make sure to install Factory on the user account you will really work with afterwards.
And that the path really exists on the correct user account.

Best,
Nadine

The uninstall/reinstall didn't work. Same problem. How do i force a plugin rescan? I don't want to mess up any other plug ins.

Also I do have admin rights, as far as I know.

Thanks! Frustrating!

Hi djsportsball,

that's strange. Please go to the Settings Tab of Factory and directly reenter the serial there.

If it still shows as invalid please send us the plist file to support@sugar-bytes.de to figure out what's going on. Here is the way to get to the plist:
Finder ->Go To Folder -> "~/Library/Preferences/com.sugar-bytes.Factory.plist
~ means: /Users/YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)

Please note that since OSX 10.7.x this folder is a hidden folder the only way to get to the correct folder is to use the "Go To Folder" menu and then to enter ~/Library.

Best,
Nadine

Typing in the serial on settings worked! BUT- the Factory which opens in garageband has a visible glitch hovering down in the left which makes it so you cant use some functions. It also has no presets in it at all and the default sound is just white noise. These problems are not there in standalone. Do you know what's up?
Thank you for the quick responses!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi djsportsball,

ok, after checking it here again it seems that this is due to a problem with Garagband which is a sandboxed application and puts strong security restrictions on any AudioUnit plug-in loaded into a session.
That's why it also has no access to the correct documents folder. But we already have an idea how to fix this.
It would be great if you could possibly send us your com.sugar-bytes.Factory.plist via email to support@sugar-bytes.de.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”