Artificial Stupidity - Mind Made Mess (darktrance/psytrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Helo, after long pause, something new from me:

https://soundcloud.com/artificial_stupi ... -made-mess

Smooth sounding track. I haven't listened to it on the main system yet, but it sounds great on my KRK monitors. It sounds like the HF has been deliberately rolled off to give the sound a darker vibe. Welcome back.

Good work :)

Yes, I like darker, dense sound.

Thanks for feedback !

You've got that really rubbery psy kick/bass thing going on, which is great. I also really like the squelchy arpeggios. I feel like the vocal samples, however, could stick out a little less, perhaps by compressing them harder. Everything else sounds so tight and focused that the vocals, even though they have the gate effect on them, still seem a bit underproduced.

Hi, there. Thank You for feedback, taking notes here ! On vocal strip, there is a lot of FXs, but I know what you mean.

I listened to the end! I especially liked all the FX; the vocals could be punchier. I too like the darker sound and rubbery bass. My classical music sensibilities would like more variation (any variation!) on the main rhythm.

Punchy yet smooth as Tim said. The squelchy bass is very cool!
The lead sound at 2:00 is nice too. Top sounds at 4:00 as well.
Great drive to it.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

YBaCuO wrote:I listened to the end! I especially liked all the FX; the vocals could be punchier. I too like the darker sound and rubbery bass. My classical music sensibilities would like more variation (any variation!) on the main rhythm.
Yes, I agree with variations, but when I make psytrance track I mostly keep it very simple and repetitive to make it hypnotic.

Allomerus wrote:Punchy yet smooth as Tim said. The squelchy bass is very cool!
The lead sound at 2:00 is nice too. Top sounds at 4:00 as well.
Great drive to it.
Well done!
:)
Thank You !

Another good one. Really like the overall atmosphere of your tracks.

The mixing is a bit messy, at first I thought that the bass is way too prominent but then it got buried under the leads and effects. It seems that your synths have too much lower midrange (did you hipass them?) and lack presence. Also in the most busy sections there are too many synth lines struggling for the listener's attention, you may try putting some of them into the background by lowering the volume or even removing some synth parts to get cleaner and more focused mix.

But overall it's pretty good, keep them coming!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yes, it should be as messy as I can let it be. It should be truthful image of our world nowdays: One big heavy mess.

Return to “Music Cafe”