Ambient track using Akai analog [video]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did a small jam using the Akai analog range of products: the very unpopular Timbre Wolf, Rhythm Wolf and Tom Cat. I also used various effects to enhance the sounds and used my vintage Teac A1 audio mixer (freshly cleaned). Here's the result:

https://youtu.be/SGi5QRpWbRY

cool! great low end. i'm so jealous of your headphone amp. i want one!
i need to get back to using the big studio with the akai ax80 and other
hardware synths. laptops and vst's are so convenient though...
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:cool! great low end. i'm so jealous of your headphone amp. i want one!
i need to get back to using the big studio with the akai ax80 and other
hardware synths. laptops and vst's are so convenient though...
Thank you! The Bravo Audio tube amp sounds great (as you can hear in the recording) but its build components are very cheap. The connections corroded very quickly and I had to maintain it after only a few months of use.

With all the audio/MIDI cables it took me a bit of time to setup, I definitely appreciate using a DAW inside the computer, way more practical. Plus, in my DAW there's Serum and a few hundred plugins FX. :D

This setup is actually one of 3 setups I use to produce. This is the "live" one where I select gear, sync them and jam. It's a lot of fun.

This has got quite a menacing atmosphere. I didn't really notice it the first couple of times I played it, but when I turned it up, It really hit me. That bass certainly sounds powerful (but not overpowering).

Good work :)

sound very good, the bass is awesome

just wish it was longer and at least 1 more "instrument" came in..

Return to “Music Cafe”