SoloRack v1.0 is here

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SoloRack

S0lo wrote: Yea, if you put the preset in the "My documents\SoloRack\Presets" folder. It will show up in the presets menu.
Thanks, works indeed.

New addition in SoloStuff lab. Hopefully new ideas in SoloRack :wink:
orango.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Cool, wish I had the room for a true modular. :)

Just a note here, it seams that many users don't know that the data folder is "\Documents\SoloRack". All the presets, config.ini are there. You can create your own presets tree of folders and place it under the "presets" folder, then they will show up in the presets menu in SoloRack.
www.solostuff.net

Just bought this. Great sound and CPU management. I also really appreciate the devs response to the logo issue.

ravasb wrote:Just bought this. Great sound and CPU management. I also really appreciate the devs response to the logo issue.
Thanks, hope you'll have countless hours of fun 8)
www.solostuff.net

Rolf Kasten has made a nice beginners tutorial for SoloRack. More advanced videos are expected from his channel latter on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQk2uv ... e=youtu.be
www.solostuff.net

Yes, I´ve started this new series - and again it´s about a modular synth. But it´s going to be a bit different from my other videos, productions and tutorials about modular synths: It´s going to be about the synth SoloRack - of course it is - and about modular synthesis (it´s basics, it´s general advanced techniques and it´s importance in up-to-date music production) as well. Here´s the timeline of part 1:
00:00 Introduction
01:15 Download and Installation
02:42 Four Versions of SoloRack
03:15 Loading a Module
03:45 Placing, Replacing and Deleting a Module
04:31 Module Information
04:51 “Always on” and CPU
07:12 Groups of Modules
14:50 Load and Save
15:48 My first Real Patch
24:38 Some Words at the End
Enjoy it!
Have a great day and a good time!
Rolf
Rolf Kasten
http://www.rofilm-media.net
Instagram: @rofilmmedia

I just want to say thank you for the update and the new modules! I've been rocking around in Solo Rack for some months now and it quickly more or less replaced all my other softsynths. I will use this in my future work as an artist for sure!

By the way, are there any plans for a module that could output midi cc and midi note data? This would be highly interesting to control all sorts of other software, and even electronics through Arduino and such things. I guess there might be a workaround with Expert Sleepers Silent Way CV to Midi plugin for now though. hmm :idea:

cerodios wrote:By the way, are there any plans for a module that could output midi cc and midi note data? This would be highly interesting to control all sorts of other software, and even electronics through Arduino and such things.
I might manage to do this in the next update or the one after it :) And in the future, there might be plans for modules that are MIDI based, for routing, managing or midi sequencing a stuff like that.
www.solostuff.net

The second part of my series of tutorials about SoloStuff´s modular softsynth “SoloRack” is online now:
https://youtu.be/UdJcsPAemNs

In this second part of the series I talk about the menus and the hidden functions of SoloRack, give some explanations about oversampling and aliasing and build up a famous patch step by step (please see the timeline for details).

The whole series is meant to give you not only a profound knowledge about the modular softsynth SoloRack, but also a remarkable amount of knowledge about modular synthesis and even about sound synthesis in general. It makes it easy to step into the matter, even if you are a complete beginner (You are a professional? Well, you may like the series nevertheless).

Timeline:
00:00 Introduction
00:19 The Preset Menu
01:58 ASpecial Group: Sequences
03:27 Managing Presets using the Windows Browser
05:46 SAVE, LOAD and Alternative Preset Libraries
07:40 The Preset Description and the Authorship
(or: Albi Soundstone attacks Rolf Kasten)
11:40 Oversampling and Aliasing
22:30 About Cables and LEDs
24:38 Expanding and Reducing the Rack
25:25 Fine Tune
25:55 Cable Art
26:45 Copy and Paste Values
28:00 Understanding the Front Panels
33:05 PATCHING! PATCHING! PATCHING!
34:50 Building Up a Famous Patch Step by Step
42:45 Some Words at the End
45:56 The End
Enjoy your time!
Rolf
Rolf Kasten

:tu: :phones:
Thanks Rolf,

Great tutorial Rolf :)
www.solostuff.net

@kokotte and @S0lo: Thank you for posting that. I´m happy you liked the tutorial. I´m looking forward to producing tutorial 3 about the oscillator units. Stay tuned and have a great day and a good time!
Rolf
Rolf Kasten

www.solostuff.net

Return to “Modular Synthesis”