Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:05 pm Shouldnt ST4 use less Memory due to added disk streaming?
That's exactly what I was thinking.

The plugin itself without any instruments loaded seems to weigh in at about 2.1GB here. I wonder if that's just me, or is this a common experience?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Got synronic awesome so far.Some Multis are not loading properly.
Maybe because I don't have Deluxe." Loading part 3 failed".

bill45 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:36 am Got synronic awesome so far.Some Multis are not loading properly.
They work fine here. Make sure you've downloaded and installed all the content to the correct folder. There are 27 zip files and 47.1 GB in addition to Syntronik itself. Also grab the free Memory-V from Audioplugin Deals before it expires, for another $50 / 4.7 GB of content.

Also, make sure you back up all your files, since the links expire after 180 days.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:50 pm
bill45 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:36 am Got synronic awesome so far.Some Multis are not loading properly.
They work fine here. Make sure you've downloaded and installed all the content to the correct folder. There are 27 zip files and 47.1 GB in addition to Syntronik itself. Also grab the free Memory-V from Audioplugin Deals before it expires, for another $50 / 4.7 GB of content.

Also, make sure you back up all your files, since the links expire after 180 days.
Thanks, So far No errors when loading indvividual synths.Have not loaded every patch yet.
I did get the Memory V from APD

Just purchased / loaded Syntronik during sale promo.

Very impressed with the fat patches and pads I tend to gravitate to in analog synth emulations. Great value and tool, even with owning Arturia V collection, UVI, AAS Ultra Analog, many Kontakt sample based vintage and hardware rompers with vintage synths patches. I find having Syntronik is complimentary, not duplicative.

Pros: Fantastic sounds, variety, ease of basic tweaking to customize presets. Easy patch manager for searches. Awesome value.

Cons: Sample based emulation takes up more harddrive space and download /initial install time. But worth it to me.

I really like what Syntronik's "Channel Strip" effect (which is actually an EQ) does, gets me to the desired results really quick. Is it a hardware emulation or a digital one? Can't really find a plugin counterpart on IKs page. Maybe it's the EQ part of White Channel or British Channel?

^^
5.5.1 – Channel Strip
This is a new effect designed for Syntronik. It contains a fixed frequency high and low shelf equalizer (10kHz and 100Hz, respectively), a sweepable semi-parametric midrange equalizer, and Sub and Air bands that are based on the Vintage EQ-1A program equalizer for broader tone sculpting to reach the extreme lows and highs.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... gram-eq-1a
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:48 pm ^^
5.5.1 – Channel Strip
This is a new effect designed for Syntronik. It contains a fixed frequency high and low shelf equalizer (10kHz and 100Hz, respectively), a sweepable semi-parametric midrange equalizer, and Sub and Air bands that are based on the Vintage EQ-1A program equalizer for broader tone sculpting to reach the extreme lows and highs.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... gram-eq-1a
Thanks!
Maybe I should try my Pultec EQ emulations on synths more often :)

Might be worth a mention. IK Multimedia has the Syntronik Deluxe (and upgrade) at 1/2 off right now. Jam points are allowed.. so I picked up the Deluxe upgrade for $36 US. A few new 'instruments' are included. Anyway - a quick play with these, and there are some very usable tones in this package. :phones:

Will there ever be an update to Syntronik that fixes the huge memory leak issues? If I load an instance of Syntronik in MainStage it happens to consume up to 7 or 8 GB of RAM after a while, if I re-load the patch it's back to 200 MB... This makes it more ore less unusable, since at some point the RAM gets full and the PC starts outsourcing the dead memory to the SSD, severely slowing down EVERYTHING. Another huge drawback is that this issue persists when saving a concert, so if I load a concert back up with said huge Syntronik instance it takes F.o.r.e.v.e.r...

Sample tank (which Syntronik is based upon AFAIK) does get updates every now and then, last one for Syntronik is 1.2.0 dated 29.3.2018...

joe_b wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm Will there ever be an update to Syntronik that fixes the huge memory leak issues? If I load an instance of Syntronik in MainStage it happens to consume up to 7 or 8 GB of RAM after a while, if I re-load the patch it's back to 200 MB... This makes it more ore less unusable, since at some point the RAM gets full and the PC starts outsourcing the dead memory to the SSD, severely slowing down EVERYTHING. Another huge drawback is that this issue persists when saving a concert, so if I load a concert back up with said huge Syntronik instance it takes F.o.r.e.v.e.r...

Sample tank (which Syntronik is based upon AFAIK) does get updates every now and then, last one for Syntronik is 1.2.0 dated 29.3.2018...
Do you have a support ticket number I could look into for you on this issue? I don't recall seeing this reported as a global issue and feel that if it were reported and verified by the team as a global issue it would have been addressed. Please PM your ticket number about this and I'll see what's going on. Thanks.

4 September 2017:
Teksonik wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:55 pm
Teksonik wrote:Syntronik takes 1.8 Gigs RAM.........Empty ??? :dog:
By "empty" I mean load the plugin into your DAW without any samples, multis or patches loaded....empty"

The number of sample sets installed has no bearing on how much RAM the plugin uses. Only when you load an Instrument (Layer) are the samples loaded.

I can also confirm that Syntronik doesn't release the RAM when the plugin is unloaded or a new empty project loaded. (Win 7 64 Bit and FL Studio 64 Bit). :shrug:

I imagine the 1.8 gigs is due in part to the Graphics needed for each instrument but if the RAM usage goes up every time new content is installed there will be a point when Syntronik will become too RAM intensive to be practical in use. Assuming of course that Syntronik will get new content. The shop is set up for it so time will tell.

Anyway I'm still having a lot of fun with Syntronik. I just hope IK keeps developing the plugin and new content.
I haven't tested it lately as I've pretty much given up on Syntronik or at least given up on any development for it.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There was an update after that, with reliability improvements. Anything that you are having issues with that you feel hasn't been addressed? Same as above, let me know any tickets with regard to that issue and I'll look into it.

Edit - Just opened Syntronik here on a not-so-great PC and it took a tiny fraction of that figure memory-wise. If the team can recreate your issue when provided full details, I'm sure they can find out what's going on for you.

Return to “Instruments”