What is the deal with the transaction fee? -- inquiring minds want to know

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

I just came to realize that a transaction fee is being applied to upgrade purchases. When I upgraded from T6 to T7, a transaction fee of $1.25 was added.

This time, when upgrading from T7 to Waveform, I see a $3.95 transaction fee being added to the purchase.

$3.95 is nearly 8% of the $50 upgrade price.

Please explain what this additional transaction fee is for and why is it so high?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

+1 Please explain the fee on the Tracktion website, too.

Why don't you just email support and ask them about it, instead of
asking the devs in the forum who no doubt have nothing to do with
the e-commerce stuff?

Isn't it their official support forum here? Just asking .....
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

pekbro wrote:Why don't you just email support and ask them about it
Ok, I just did. I also asked Tracktion Support to reply to this forum thread, for the benefit of everyone.
pekbro wrote:, instead of asking the devs in the forum who no doubt have nothing to do with the e-commerce stuff?
So there is no doubt in your mind that the devs have nothing to do with the e-commerce stuff, eh? How do you know this for a fact?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I don't, but I know they have people who are specifically support staff. Most companies will segregate sales and technical support groups. Because that's generally more efficient.

Anyway, I was just thinking you'd get a faster response that way. You can always post the results here.

Not to mention, now some folks might be hesitant to buy anything until this is addressed. Possibly, unnecessarily.

*shrugs

pekbro wrote:Most companies will segregate sales and technical support groups. Because that's generally more efficient.
I agree. I wasn't sure how big of a company Tracktion is. In very small companies, some folks "wear a lot of hats".
pekbro wrote:Not to mention, now some folks might be hesitant to buy anything until this is addressed. Possibly, unnecessarily.

*shrugs
I will certainly post the results here if Support gets back to me but does not respond here directly.

tonedef71 wrote:I will certainly post the results here if Support gets back to me but does not respond here directly.
I received a response back from Tracktion Support. Here is the text of that e-mail:
No problem - the fee is the PayPal transaction fee - it applies to all payments and is the same amount

Paypal is our 'payment gateway' and handles all formats of payments including credit cards etc

Some transaction also have tax added depending on location

These fees can also change from time to time

I will ask our web team to add an 'info' button so you can read this at the time of purchase - not trying to hide anything of course :)

Return to “Tracktion”