Vermona 1642 Sound exsample

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Here in Dresden and arround it´s more easy to get a Vermona 1642 Mixer. In the Synthesizerscene here, this Mixer is a little Insidertip. A try to made an exsample, of course it´s not represent all of sides of the mixer( Meanwhile, Every EQ sounds different. Channel 5 goes into self resonation if i want :hihi: )
https://soundcloud.com/user-644802815/sets/vermona-1642

so wet is completely out of phase. Why?

If I owned a mixer which sounded like that I'd say it was broken.

You mean that strong stereo? On a smartphone there is extremly low quality, don´t know why.

There are Phase Buttons, i should press him next time :hihi:
Are there similar Eq´s on VST market?

CharlyLN wrote:You mean that strong stereo? On a smartphone there is extremly low quality, don´t know why.
Speakers work by drivers moving in and out. If you have two speakers then when both drivers push out at the same time this is called in phase. When one driver is moving in while the other moves out is called out of phase.

Sound being out of phase causes cancellations in frequencies. Phase buttons are for when you use multiple mics in a room to stop one mic cancelling out the another mic (when they're naturally out of phase by distance and placement)

Being out of phase isn't a "strong stereo" effect, but can be used as one as it diffuses the direction of the sound so it comes from all directions instead of being like an in phase sound having a location in space between your speakers.
There are Phase Buttons, i should press him next time :hihi:
keep your mits off until you know what you're doing.
Here in Dresden and arround it´s more easy to get a Vermona 1642 Mixer. In the Synthesizerscene here, this Mixer is a little Insidertip. A try to made an exsample, of course it´s not represent all of sides of the mixer( Meanwhile, Every EQ sounds different. Channel 5 goes into self resonation if i want
Your mixer is old. The resistors, capacitors and god knows what else have drifted out of the manufacturers specification. Channel EQs aren't supposed to sound different to each other and go into self oscillation. This can be dangerous to any connected equipment and possibly you.

Get it seen to by a tech before you blow your monitors or any effects units plugged into it.
Are there similar Eq´s on VST market?
Are there any broken VSTs out there?

I give to a tech. He spend a just a few hours because it would be to expensive if it sound like ,,new''.

My speakers still living well. I could do a second demo. Got a little problems with the recording. the wet demo sounds extremly terrible on a smartphone.

That old stuff to use is not recommend. My technucan got a simmons for repair. He sayd, just a little more case moving and the voltage would be case voltaged too.
I pick that vermona for 30 euro and its good to know that there is no reason to get older units. Not less are badly modded and in the end timebombs.

If its help. Yeah a broken EQ as VST :wink:
A ,,similar'' Mixer was the boss rm 60 or 80.
I mean more filter than EQ.

Hi. Is there any chance to restore the audio files. I'm considering getting the 1642 for experiments.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”