Alternative to Hive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Dune 2 and SPIRE seems like good alternatives for a solid sounding synth as the OP wants.

I am not familar with Rapid, so dunno about that.
Rapid's a typical EDM synth. It sounds great for that stuff. Nice supersaw and plucked sounds. It's sample based. The GUI is ugly as sine but other than that, great sound if that's what you want.

Workflow isn't bad either. I think it's a little pricey but that's just my opinion.
What is the "typical EDM synth"? Because of the presets? Do your own.

Hey Wacktuna!
We know now that you released 48 soundsets, that you are 60+ years old and that you have nothing better to do to spend your saturday than writing posts, posts, posts...
Maybe you should go out on a beer and relax... :pray:

Igro wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Dune 2 and SPIRE seems like good alternatives for a solid sounding synth as the OP wants.

Rapid's a typical EDM synth. It sounds great for that stuff. Nice supersaw and plucked sounds. It's sample based. The GUI is ugly as sine but other than that, great sound if that's what you want.

Workflow isn't bad either. I think it's a little pricey but that's just my opinion.
What is the "typical EDM synth"? Because of the presets? Do your own.
Some synths, sound wise, just lend themselves more to the genre. I'm certainly not going to use something like Wavegenerator or Wavemapper 2 to do supersaws and EDM plucks. I mean some synths you're just wasting your time trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I mean that's why, for a lot of genres, the majority of people gravitate towards certain synths. Why make things hard for yourself by using something that wasn't really built for the job?

Wacky!
Have a break, please! :pray:

martinjuenke wrote:Hey Wacktuna!
We know now that you released 48 soundsets, that you are 60+ years old and that you have nothing better to do to spend your saturday than writing posts, posts, posts...
Maybe you should go out on a beer and relax... :pray:
Actually its 52 (have to update my sig) but who's counting.

If you have a problem with me being here and think you have a legitimate reason to have me tossed from the place, contact a mod. Otherwise, I have every right to be here as anybody else.

martinjuenke wrote:Wacky!
C'mon give the man a break.

He is a legend around these parts
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Igro wrote:

Minimal tabbing, this is what he wanted as well. Retrologue is another player here. The unison is a bit of restricted in terms of panning though.
You know, that tabbing thing is a really pointless requirement... Retrologue 2 has 3 pages you'll have to browse, to operate the arpeggiator, and to operate the fx section. ANY reasonably featured synth will require tabbing and pages, even Hive has different tabs, if you will, for arp and sequencer, and the fx, in th middle section, and for the keys, and mod matrix 1 & 2 in the lower section. I'd rather suggest getting over the requirement that it has to be all operable on one page. Any of the more popular synths have a good enough interface to get down and dirty.

chk071 wrote:
Igro wrote:

Minimal tabbing, this is what he wanted as well. Retrologue is another player here. The unison is a bit of restricted in terms of panning though.
You know, that tabbing thing is a really pointless requirement... Retrologue 2 has 3 pages you'll have to browse, to operate the arpeggiator, and to operate the fx section. ANY reasonably featured synth will require tabbing and pages, even Hive has different tabs, if you will, for arp and sequencer, and the fx, in th middle section, and for the keys, and mod matrix 1 & 2 in the lower section. I'd rather suggest getting over the requirement that it has to be all operatable on one page. Any of the more popular synths have a good enough interface to get down and dirty.
Even The Legend has more than one page. I don't get the requirement that everything has to be on one page or it's not an option.

Numanoid wrote:
C'mon give Wagtunes a break.

He is a legend in his own rights around these parts
Yeah, I even saw some devastating video clips of him dancing like these Chipendales (however they are spelled): a real legend... :clap:

I doubt KVR would be the same without Wagtunes

Numanoid wrote:I doubt KVR would be the same without Wagtunes
:tu:

ok everyone have a break from this ot stuff, please
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote:
Igro wrote:

You know, that tabbing thing is a really pointless requirement... Retrologue 2 has 3 pages you'll have to browse, to operate the arpeggiator, and to operate the fx section. ANY reasonably featured synth will require tabbing and pages, even Hive has different tabs, if you will, for arp and sequencer, and the fx, in th middle section, and for the keys, and mod matrix 1 & 2 in the lower section. I'd rather suggest getting over the requirement that it has to be all operable on one page. Any of the more popular synths have a good enough interface to get down and dirty.
I know. But those are optional options. You work mostly with lfos and oscillators.

Yeah, you have all the synthesis option on one page. But only because there are so few of those. :P Of course, if that's your thing, and Retrologue's sound is also, it is a good option.

OP, lock this thread, please! :pray:
Last edited by martinjuenke on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”