PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also posted a 64 bit Linux build. (Link in the original post. The app title says it is preview 10 but it doesn't have any difference to the Windows and Mac preview 9 build.) Will anyone on Linux be able to get it to run...? :-o

Xenakios wrote:
CinningBao wrote:Frickin' awesome dude. Project Save!

I do have one mentally disturbing request: can the stretch time ratio be less than one?
I'm asking for time compression; a 4 minute file played back in the space of 2 minutes, with lovely large FFT windows.

A possibility?
I have been thinking about adding the "shortening" mode as well the "really extreme" modes back. (Since they are available in the original PaulStretch...) It is unfortunately not just about extending the range of the GUI slider, some additional logic needs to be added to activate those modes in the algorithm. But it shouldn't be too bad...
Nah, just make slider go to zero, job done! ;)

Of course, I entirely appreciate the work involved..
Milky Bars are on me!

https://youtu.be/IbWUcUDT3v4?t=39s

Xenakios wrote:Also posted a 64 bit Linux build. (Link in the original post. The app title says it is preview 10 but it doesn't have any difference to the Windows and Mac preview 9 build.) Will anyone on Linux be able to get it to run...? :-o

I will ask a couple of my buddies..

could it contain all the different time and pitch algorithms that Reaper uses?

also, how about a VST version?? :D :D

overhishead wrote: also, how about a VST version?? :D :D
Maybe eventually. I'd like to figure out at least how to cut some of the memory consumption first.

CinningBao wrote: Nah, just make slider go to zero, job done! ;)
Well, actually it was just about allowing the slider to go lower than 1.0...I am not sure where I got the idea the processing algorithm needs to be recreated with some other mode if it is used for speeding up. Can't allow it to go down to zero, though... :wink:

Preview 10 is up, links in the original post. The Linux build should now be a proper executable that can be run from the GUI file manager by double clicking it etc. Hopefully nothing got messed up in the Mac Os version since I updated my system to High Sierra and the latest Xcode. (I checked the Xcode deployment target is still 10.9, but with Apple one never knows for sure...
:x )

2017-11-10 (3.0.0preview10, Xenakios fork)
-Allow stretch amounts lower than 1.0 for shortening
-Optimizations to avoid unnecessary deallocations/reallocations of buffers and objects
-Rendering now opens a window that has rendering options, including an approximate loop count
setting when looping has been enabled.
-Added shortcut keys for waveform zooming
-Waveform time selection edges can be dragged to adjust the selection
-Project files can be passed into command line argument
-Project files can be drag and dropped into application window
-MIDI note based harmonics generator base frequency calculation fix and allow setting tuning from slider
right-click menu
-Prevent importing 64 bit floating point files as those are not supported by JUCE

Seems to work here on regular Sierra.5

Once, again, beautiful stuff here :)

the squeeze mode (less than 1) is just genius; huge windows acquiring multi-seconds of sound.. lushness..

I don't suppose the code gives easy access to the overlap parameters? Seconds of overlap - possible?

Just saying hi from Linux Mint 18.2 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) where it runs flawlessly! :phones:

Excited to try this out. Thanks for your work!

Project saving yessss!!

I keep getting so many great sounds from a single source file, and hated to discard them when wanting to use another. Thanks!

Extremely preliminary stuff that I started working on today...Don't expect this to be publicly testable any day soon. (I have to for example rewrite all of the GUI code because the standalone application code doesn't translate well to plugin use...) How I expect this well end up working is like the GRM Freeze plugin where you have to record some amount of audio into the plugin, stop the recording and you can then start playing with the parameters. Additionally it could allow loading files directly from disk and in Reaper it could import selected media items from the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdNSsVR ... e=youtu.be

:tu: Fantastic!
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

double post... :party:
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

yessss! paulstretch VST is a dream come true.

Return to “Effects”