Viz by Echobit: Live Performance Music Visualization

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well here is my first attempt without knowing anything about what I was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6kibNIm08

Viz is now ready for Windows!!!!! We also have it formatted for AAX!

Get it here: https://www.echob.it/products/viz-must- ... n-software

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGgFS32 ... e=youtu.be

Excellent and congrats, can’t wait to give it a go :)

Ok, bought this without demoing cuz we like you guys :)

Anyway, not disappointed. Small FR though, for the long run, would be great if Viz could write
out an image sequence for an arbitrary number of frames. For those of us who are not DJ types
and wanting to use the output in film.

Thanks, and cheers...

Questions - can't find answers about this on the Echobit web site:
- are video export functions included? or streaming to disk?
- if yes, are exports in 720p, 1080p possible? and in which formats?
Last edited by dreamvoid on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can't wait to try this now it's on Windows. How long will the discount run for?

This is really pretty cool, I haven’t seen any manual, but it’s self explanatory for the most part. You absolutely do not need to know anything about shader writing to use it, although a basic knowledge of programming concepts and vector algebra would be helpful, definitely. There are plenty of usable examples fortunately, for those who are unable or uninterested in writing their own. Seems as though it will load film clips/images in some fashion, although I haven’t tried it yet. I haven’t seen any evidence of it exporting them, so far. It is intended for live performance, but a minimal image export shouldn’t be too difficult, I would think, if they are willing. Not sure about, disc streaming, not seen any evidence of that. It has import functionality, so I would guess probably ‘not’.

Try the demo definitely.

Played with the demo and this does look very cool.
As someone who uses a variety of different programs (on Mac) for visualisation I've found using Syphon to chain visuals across multiple programs a great way to make videos.
Adding Syphon / Spout support would solve problems with recording visual performances as well.
Any thoughts on adding this functionality?
I'd certainly buy this if I could use it in a chain with Lumen and COGE.

very interesting ! I will certainly buy it too when it will have spout support.

Any chance of this making it to VCVRack?

In case anyone's interested, here is a simple compositing example.
The gl_FragColor variable refers to the OpenGL Fragment Shader
being employed here.

https://www.khronos.org/opengl/wiki/Fragment_Shader

Anyway, I just commented the code rather than explain it with
a wall of text.

Code: Select all

void main()

{

// A simple image composite example:

//declare the coordinate reference

vec2 uv = (gl_FragCoord.xy / resolution);

//declare image identifiers, point them to the available texture slots

vec4 IMG1 = texture2D(texture1, uv);
    vec4 IMG2 = texture2D(texture2, uv);

//Set the output color, in this case add the 2nd image to the first, the + sign 
	//states the compositing method, its just like photoshop layers. Add = "+"
	//Divide = "/", Multiply = "*" etc. The last part "* 1" allows you to set
	//the intensity of the composite, eg. 1 would be 100%, 0.5 would be 50%

gl_FragColor = IMG1 + IMG2 * 1;

}
-Cheers

Awesome !

I've been trying to learn how to use Viz. It's not easy for me (no coding experience). I am mostly messing with the presets and figuring out how I can use Viz. After some exploration I have some ideas. This might be out of scope however but since Viz is meant to work in real-time...

- Instead of one "window" with the parameters, textures and code window, there are 3
- two windows for A and B program
- a window in the middle for the transition program and controls

A and B would function as they do now but be separate from each other but be driven by the same audio stream. The transition window acts as code to control the transition from A to B or B to A.

I could then have A running, be working on a B programme and then use the transition to transition the video from A to B. Then while B is playing, work on A (they would need to have preview windows) and transitiont to B etc

Basically a video DJ kind of set up. This way I could create a real-time video with nice transitions back and forth between the programs.

As it is now, I don't really see how to use this for making videos without having jump edits between textures which is jarring. also one false move in the code and it can inturrupt the video. I'd like to use it to make a live screen recording of the output while I VJ in real time.

@plexuss, I thought you did a great job on the video, the lack of coding experience thing
is a bummer, but its not as big of a deal as you might think. You really only need to be able
to read and follow the code to be able to use it, once you can do that, you can employ
'copy and paste' to a ridiculous extent.

Anyway, in case you haven't considered, with Viz you can automate incrementing shaders
in your DAW. A transition, is just a shader. So, you can already, quite literally automate
your video to play out, how ever you want directly via the time-line, clip launcher, or
whatever, with Viz.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, if you can get past the learning curve. Not only,
is Viz 'procedural', the ultimate system in terms of flexibility, it also exposes that system
to automation via your DAW. The visualization potential here, is quite vast. Unfortunately,
the extent of that potential, can be difficult to gauge for many.

-Cheers

Return to “Effects”