Repro-1 / Repro 5 - Effects noise

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know old effects made a lot of noise and some people really love this, but wouldn't it be great to be able to switch off the noise? At least I have not found it yet...

Which noise do you mean? The "vinyl crackling" demo restriction that is generated every 30 or so seconds?
Or maybe it's coming from Velvet, which is basically "Satin in a box". If you have that early on in the FX chain and then boost a lot later with the Sonic Conditioner, it may bring up Velvet's noise floor considerably.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

No I don't mean the demo noise as I bought Repro-1... the noise comes mainly from Lyrbird,, but the others like Resq amplify it also, when I mute the Effects it is quiet... so maybe in the Tweaks there is something I miss...

Do you mean the bucket-brigade-style bitcrush in the repeats? I love how that sounds :)

That's by design, just like other bucket-brigade delays.

spacepluk wrote:Do you mean the bucket-brigade-style bitcrush in the repeats? I love how that sounds :)
...no...

I like that noisy delay :D
The cleanest you get would be with the "clean" setting. Bright and dark are offering a lot of these noises.
I really love Lyrebird. I hope it will get expanded to a full FX plug-in. Would buy in a heartbeat.

mibolux wrote:
spacepluk wrote:Do you mean the bucket-brigade-style bitcrush in the repeats? I love how that sounds :)
...no...
Can you post an audio + patch example that illustrates the noise then? It'll be more helpful than everyone trying to play 20 questions to figure out what you're hearing as noise, and whether it's intended or not, good or bad, etc.

Probably it is a wanted effect, but I don't like it 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mibolux wrote:Probably it is a wanted effect, but I don't like it 8-)
It's a Velvet preset called "Noise Fuzz" for a reason... you can easily switch it off...

This report is inconsistent. First "the noise comes mainly from Lyrbird", then the example that was finally revealed is just tape noise from Velvet?
:smack:

I like that noise sources a lot. F.e. if you self oscillating the filter and turn the OSC off and then play with the distortion and/or velvet i get some interesting noise timbres.
Noise is nice :D
But the great thing is that Repro can sound noisy and dirty but also crystal clear. So i don´t know where is the problem really.

There is a noise coming out of Lyrebird. I have an OTT behind Repro and then it is very audible. None of the other FX does have it..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bimmlu wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:23 am There is a noise coming out of Lyrebird. I have an OTT behind Repro and then it is very audible. None of the other FX does have it..
OTT is probably bringing up the noise floor.

Repro is an emulation of a dusty old noisy synth, and sounds great because of it! ;) Maybe an option to turn off noise would be good, but I personally think a bit of hiss is an essential flavour for music. :D

Return to “u-he”