Problems with .sf2 Sample Files in energyXT 3.0 under Windows

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Energy energyXT

'lo all...

A little while ago, I wanted to re-use an energyXT project again... and for some reason, when I loaded it, the program just crashed. If I run energyXT as a portable application on any old Windows PC, the file would be loaded Ok.

Additionally, when I loaded the 'demosong.xt' project and played it, the 'Guitar' part played but was very distorted (more details on this below).

This led me to believe something had gone awry with the energyXT installation I had on my 'music' PC (permanantly off-line Windows XP SP3, P6 Dual-Core, E6500, 3 GHz, 4GB RAM, energyXT 3.0, Lexicon Alpha Audio/MIDI interface)... and I decided to remove and re-install energyXT.

Nothing changed after the re-installation.

Further details on this 'distortion'... Old projects (except for the 'troublesome' project) load and play Ok, whether the projects contain pure MIDI data and/or audio data - .mp3 files and .wav audio files - all play play Ok. Presets (.xts files) all work Ok, VST plugins (effects and/or instruments) all work Ok, clips (.xtc files) all work Ok... but the Samples (.sf2 files) sound distorted when played.

There's nothing weird with levels (internally or externally)... obviously, as other non-.sf2 audio files all work Ok. The behaviour is the same whether energyXT is run through tha DS driver or the (Alpha) ASIO driver.

If I record guitar tracks into energyXT, there are no troubles... it's just that the 'demosong' and other projects with .sf2 files are playing distorted.

Using another DAW, like Mixcraft 7 works Ok (but then, I'm not trying to use .sf2 files in that).

Any clues?

Thanks a heap.

John

The sampler in eXT 3 is crap. Try eXT 2.7. But not all sf2-files are working. Sometimes eXT 2.7 chrashes - I guess it's the matter of the sf2-filesize or somethinmg else.

Good luck

"Coming next
Fixed a bug with sampler playback"

don´t know if this got something to do with the distorted sound when using xt sampler in xt3 but this coming next is there for more than a year i think . That´s a known bug, the one you are talking, for a long time, so better avoid xt sampler in v3.

I suggest to use any simple sf2 a player..

I agree with the others that eXT's sf2 capabilities are weak. I use either Cakewalk's SFZ player or DSK's player.

Return to “energyXT”