Wave Alchemy Evolution

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a lot there.
A lot of professional sounds, extensive editing possibilities, a nice sequencer with polyrhythm, nice patterns. That's a nice package.
There's always something to bitch about.

But yeah, the preset management is a bit lacking. Something like favorites would pretty easy to implement imo.
Maybe a next update?

No Drumvolution in my WaveAlchemy profile, even though I've bought Evolution a year ago. I was really looking forward to trying it out on my christmas vacation ;_;

tsarpf wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:26 pm No Drumvolution in my WaveAlchemy profile, even though I've bought Evolution a year ago. I was really looking forward to trying it out on my christmas vacation ;_;
just contact them over their page or facebook.

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:45 pm
tsarpf wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:26 pm No Drumvolution in my WaveAlchemy profile, even though I've bought Evolution a year ago. I was really looking forward to trying it out on my christmas vacation ;_;
just contact them over their page or facebook.
I sent a request for a cross-grade from Revolution via their web site and heard back with a 50% off code in a couple of days. Given that it is the holiday season I thought that was pretty fast.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Hi tsarpf,

did wa tell you how to update/install drumvolution as evolution owner?

best, sonym

It's a complete replacement for Evolution so you install it as if new product (you should have a new serial key for it too). The tricky part is removing the existing install of Evolution - When you delete it from your drive Native Access will see it as 'damaged' so you have to do a registry tweak to remove that library (why Native Access doesn't have a normal 'uninstall' I have no idea !):

https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en ... s-Windows-

Hi,
I didn't read the whole thread so bare with me if the things I am writing were covered partly. This is the first time since ages I am back on kvr and I am sending from my mobile.
I really do love the soundlibrary within the plugin however I experience a couple of issues that make it really hard if not impossible to use the plugin properly. If it is just me being dumb please help me to solve those problems.
If not it would be awesome to get some of this fixed in an update.

1. Please add the possibillity to add numerical values. Tuning is nearly impossible, regardless if using a controller or the mouse. I think I read that this is intended to retain an "old school drummachine flavour" but seriously... in modern electronic music all percussive elements are tuned. If this isn't possible the plugin is loosing a lot of its value. It would be even better to tune chromatically.

2. I find it really hard to set proper release times for the amp envelope. Regardless of what hold is set to I am under the impression that when setting releasetime the knob doesn't have much effect from settings 7-11.30 and 12.30-5 (compared to a clock). All relevant settings seem to happen between 11.30-12.30 which is nearly impossible to get it right, especially considering point 1

3. Regarding the release time I still don't get how to automate the parameter. From my understanding I have to add it to the "performance-page" which I then can access from Live. Is there any way to get direct access to the parameters?

4. The envelopes seem to be oneshot only. It would be really nice if it was possible to change the behaviour so that the length of the midinote determines the holdtime.

5. It would be really nice if there was a way to have a browser for patterns. I am not using the (probably awesome) stepsequencer as everything I do is limited to the project. I am thinking of a possibillity to have folders on my hd and save the sequencer data. So I could have banks of Hitat Patterns or Shakers etc.

6. It would be great if there was a way to access programms. As far as I can tell you can just load whole banks of sounds covering all engines / slots. I would love to be able to browse single sounds (e.g. the sound being all 3 layers as well as all settings) and for example make an instrument with just percussion instruments in all slots (which I then could use to play with the percussion patterns I can load from the browser mentioned above ;) )

7. The single sound instrument is a great addition to what was evolution before.

Don't get me wrong. I really do like the instrument and the sounds are spoton. It is just that it can't be the central of my rythmsection at the moment which I was hoping it to be. If some of the things mentioned above are possible and I just didn't realize it would be nice if anyone could help me with solving those issues.

/Sorry for my English/
Мidi export does not work. exported empty items. I tried for several days - no result. for 100 attempts one successful. Disappointment.
Someone explain the sequence of actions for exporting midi. the steps mentioned in the documentation do not work.
Please...

(daw: reaper)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

solved in FL studio (T_T)

yentz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am

5. It would be really nice if there was a way to have a browser for patterns. I am not using the (probably awesome) stepsequencer as everything I do is limited to the project. I am thinking of a possibillity to have folders on my hd and save the sequencer data. So I could have banks of Hitat Patterns or Shakers etc.
please add pattern browser, every drum computer allows you to switch between pattern and drum kit, to try a midi pattern with an other kit

I would really like to be able to bring in my own drum samples to use the sequencer of Drumvolution. As it stands currently I use a hybrid approach - other sequencer(s) and daw for drums and this for additional percussion sounds.

Return to “Instruments”