ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Tried to load v4 and now 4.0.2 versions..

Checked if they are in the right vst folder but still..
Reaper won't recognize them!

martinjuenke wrote:
nicksohn wrote:i can not understand how a.i. assistant works.
I assume similar as iZotope Neutron Track Assistant
Not really : The AI assistant from TBeQ4 doesn't change anything on the eq curve : it just make some suggestions. Take it as a new pair of ears, so you can check if the modifications you made goes in the same direction than the suggestions of the AI assistant. In Neutron, the AI does actually make eq changes.

sinkmusic wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
nicksohn wrote:i can not understand how a.i. assistant works.
I assume similar as iZotope Neutron Track Assistant
Not really : The AI assistant from TBeQ4 doesn't change anything on the eq curve : it just make some suggestions. Take it as a new pair of ears, so you can check if the modifications you made goes in the same direction than the suggestions of the AI assistant. In Neutron, the AI does actually make eq changes.
Sorry, no changes until you accept them... I would define this as suggestion actually.

thebutler wrote: 4. How to audition the individual nodes.? What is this key 'a' that is mentioned - the computer keyboard 'A' key..? If I press that and try and adjust (in Studio One) all it does is turn my tracks to Automation view in the Track Header..!

Cheers,
thebutler
Maybe you've found this now, but if you don't use your 'a' key for automation view, delete that keystroke from Studio One's key command preferences. In Logic, when I would hit the 'a' then mouse-click on a node, it would work, but it would also toggle between automation view, as well (constantly - like a rapid-fire, back and forth). Since I never used that toggle quick key, I just deleted it, and now it works fine.

Bodhisan wrote:
thebutler wrote: 4. How to audition the individual nodes.? What is this key 'a' that is mentioned - the computer keyboard 'A' key..? If I press that and try and adjust (in Studio One) all it does is turn my tracks to Automation view in the Track Header..!

Cheers,
thebutler
Maybe you've found this now, but if you don't use your 'a' key for automation view, delete that keystroke from Studio One's key command preferences. In Logic, when I would hit the 'a' then mouse-click on a node, it would work, but it would also toggle between automation view, as well (constantly - like a rapid-fire, back and forth). Since I never used that toggle quick key, I just deleted it, and now it works fine.
Ah.! Thank you @Bodhisan; yes, it seems I'm the same as you in Logic with that 'rapid-fire' toggle of Automation mode in my StudioOne (when pressing/holding the 'A' key). :wink:

Ok - well, I actually like the command as it is in S1. But if nothing can be done in TB EQ4 to change this, then I'll have to see how long I can live without the feature; I'm not changing S1 just for one plugin.

(BTW - do you know how to turn off the tooltip help/hints pop-ups.?)
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

thebutler wrote:Ah.! Thank you @Bodhisan; yes, it seems I'm the same as you in Logic with that 'rapid-fire' toggle of Automation mode in my StudioOne (when pressing/holding the 'A' key). :wink:

Ok - well, I actually like the command as it is in S1. But if nothing can be done in TB EQ4 to change this, then I'll have to see how long I can live without the feature; I'm not changing S1 just for one plugin.

(BTW - do you know how to turn off the tooltip help/hints pop-ups.?)
Lol, sorry - I don't know how to turn off the annoying hints (I mean, they're only annoying after learned - so, I do appreciate their initial purpose).

And I'm sure you've considered this, but you could change your automation mode toggle to another keystroke in S1 - because I doubt that's going to change in the plugin. It really is a nice feature.

Bodhisan wrote: Lol, sorry - I don't know how to turn off the annoying hints (I mean, they're only annoying after learned - so, I do appreciate their initial purpose).
Yes they are only annoying after learned, which will be all the hours you spend using the plugin minus those few minutes you spend learning from them, if you don't actually already know it to beginn with.

It needs to go or at least be optional, it's like a nag screen interrupting/distracting you with sh** you already know when what you actually need is as much of your focus/concentration and descernment at the task at hand.

Personally I prefer PDF manuals... they are there when I need them.

Greenstorm33 wrote:I do remember that now that you mention it. I have the files backed up, but only in one place; now that I can't download them from Avangate anymore I think I'll back them up elsewhere as well. It's still a weird system to have to manually grant every upgrade from the bundles after the first.
I agree the Avantgate system is awkward for purchasing upgrades and maintaining licenses. I wish TB would utilize their own native system of accounts & license keys on their website. :(

Tappistry wrote:
Greenstorm33 wrote:I do remember that now that you mention it. I have the files backed up, but only in one place; now that I can't download them from Avangate anymore I think I'll back them up elsewhere as well. It's still a weird system to have to manually grant every upgrade from the bundles after the first.
I agree the Avantgate system is awkward for purchasing upgrades and maintaining licenses. I wish TB would utilize their own native system of accounts & license keys on their website. :(
The funny thing is, Avantgate rise the price when I type in my EU VAT ID as a company. They set the VAT to Zero but add the difference to the netto price afterwards. Of course this is only change with the low prices, but it is a strange praxis anyway. No other company in the EU I know does that. There is a reason why professional users, which are registered as companies like me, can deduct VAT.
Last edited by dreamvoid on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete

djeroen wrote:
poshook wrote:sonicaly the same as EQ v3
Yes for those filters that are the same in v3 and v4, and as long as no dynamic changes are applied, they should give a very similar response. There are a couple of very important differences though:

- Headroom and noise floor should be significantly better in v4
- Parameter changes (by automation or manual) will not product any zipper noise (in contrast to v3)
- All dynamic options (downward compression, upward compression) are not available in v3
- v4 supports higher-order filters (not available in v3)
- v4 has external side chain input (not available in v3)
- Workflow in v4 is significantly better than v3
- Resizable GUI (not available in v3)
- Percentage EQ also works with LP and HP filters (not available in v3)
- Multi-channel support (not available in v3)
OK, since I am the author of the first thread on Toneboosters in KVR, asking for resizable GUI, I guess I'll buy :D

delete

I love the new EQ. But there is... maybe are few things I would change.
The hold A button doesn't work well in some situations. Sometimes when I'm changing the parametres with the mouse while holding "A" the "solo band" is still active after I realease the key.
Then I have to hover over the node, maybe press it, hold it, tap "A"... It's not intuitive.
I would love to see toggle button next to the eq point I'm currently hovering over.
Overall it's a great feature <3

Also not a fan of adjusting low/hi passes with ALT pressed at all times just to not change volume of the track.
Does hi/low pass have to be adjustable up and down with mouse?

Another little thing. It would be nice to have the option to choose filter type by right clicking the node. Little pop-up with small pictures or something, rather than long combolist at the bottom of the GUI.

Anyway, great work and all the best wishes for next plugins! :party:

Just grabbed this. Generous upgrade price for those of us that have FlX.

Geniusly coded

Indeed.

FlX was the first plugin that really made me get my head around what a Dynamic Equaliser actually does. As opposed to a multi-band compressor. Looking forward to checking this out.

For those of you that are wondering what this amazing thing does, then have a look at - http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

See also Melda MDynamicEQ.

It's free (Nova) and it's also amazingly powerful and quite simple to use.

Jeroen's compressors are my go-to ones these days when I do get around to making music. The track comp and the bus comp are just about the best ever. And I've got Klanghelm and Voxengo to play with. Toneboosters are just the most simple, most cost effective plugins out there.

Ok, This is a great EQ and everything seems to be working here as expected.

......But if I had a wish, I'd like to see/be able to, dock the EQ-comp controls outside the Analyzer window. I seem to be be dragging it around a lot to get it out of the way. :)

Return to “Effects”