Engineer's Filter not showing up in DAW effects (still not solved)

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Info:

Reason 9.5
Windows 10 64-bit
I placed the entirety of the filter folder in my vst folder (not the rar) and I can't figure out why it's not registering the dll of the plugin. Any advice?

try ToolChain: http://www.rs-met.com/freebies.html
the old 32-bit plugins are not supported anymore. any updates and new stuff will happen in the context of ToolChain. i keep the old ones still available for legacy reasons, though
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Thanks for your response. Not exactly sure how to use this, I opened the file for engineer's filter and nothing came up, is there a guide somewhere for this plugin or is just not working for me?

on the left, there is an array of slots. when you first open the plugin, there's just one "None" entry. click on that "None" field and select the module, you want to insert in the upcoming dropdown menu. it's a treeview-menu, so you need to open the "Filters" node first. did you do this? and nothing came up? what happened?

Thanks! It's working, final question. How do I go about making a super steep filter, I wanted to get rid of everything above 17k on a specific sound.

the steepest filters are elliptics. use an elliptic lowpass tuned to 17 kHz of high order. adjust the ripple and rejection to taste (these trade off against the steepness). note that elliptic filters ring a lot, though

Thank you so much for your help! Everything is working great.

Return to “rs-met”