ANA 2 or Serum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 Serum

Hi all,

I am thinking about expand the list of my Synthesizer for producing Trance Music primary. I am using FL Studio as the DAW of my choice, but only have used the Buildin Synthesizer Sytrus, and some free VSTs like Helm, and the sampler zampler.

I have tested Sylenth1, Serum, Massive and ANA 2 by now.

Silenth1 sounds really great and this will be one of the VSTs I think about buying it, but there is no option for custom wave tables or microsampling. So, for also handle samples, or create new sounds from samples, I would use an additional VST.

I have also tested Serum and ANA 2. Both have the capability to use Custom Wave tables, and both have their own option to handle samples.

But, I am uncertain about the choice of the right VST for that.

So, what VST would you recommend to use? Silenth1 with Serum or ANA 2. Only Serum? Only ANA 2? Or a completely different VST?

Would be nice to get some recommendations here.

Thanks for that and regards
Danyo

Have you tried Parawave Rapid? It can load custom wavetables, e.g., in Serum format, as well as samples and IMO it has fatter and warmer, more "trance-friendly" basic sound than both Serum and Ana

https://soundcloud.com/parawave/trance-essence
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Hi,

thanks for the answer. Sounds really good. Will also check out the demo this evening.

Any other suggestions?

Regards
Danyo

U-He Hive and Reveal Spire can be really good for trance too.

But you can also make awesome trance powerful basses with the Korg Legacy MS20 and Polysix (and pads with MonoPoly).

Strobe 2 is awesome too.

And of course Avenger for tweaking and Nexus for very good ready-to-use sounds.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

I'm also torn by ANA2, Serum and also by Viper by Adam Szaboo and LusH-101 by D16.

Trance always fond by Virus Ti synth sound, I found out that this 4 synth have kinda the same sound feel like the Virus.

I found this video on youtube which showing the raw sound of some synth supersaws : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-44wiT6G8

Viper by Adam Szaboo have Virus Ti sounding synth in mind but with some twist. ANA2 have Phil as Sound Director of the project (if my memories serves me right) whom really picky with his saw sound, they include some trick for the synth to make supersaw sounded like Virus or JP8080. LusH have their analog modelling which makes the unison emulated like the hardware would be, which is why their supersaw sound really good and kinda like Virus. Serum is the most digital sounded synth in this option, which is what Serum doing at it best.

Cue the 100 different VSTs that are going to ultimately be named in this thread.

Look, Serum and ANA 2 are both capable synths. ANA 2 has a much deeper modulation system Sound wise, they have completely different sound engines so in that regard it's hard to compare the two. Some don't like the sound of Serum and think it sounds harsh. I happen to like the sound.

Bottom line is this. The two synths are NOT interchangeable. You're going to get sounds out of the one that you won't get out of the other. So if you feel like you're going to be missing something if you only pick one of them, get them both. Trust me, you will NOT be duplicating sonic territory.

And yeah, Rapid is good too. And so is just about any WT synth, including Icarus.

Have fun wading through the sea of synths to come.

If I had to pick one of the Synths you've mentioned thus far i'd probably say...ANA2. I like it slightly more than Serum and S1. Although I'm a huge fan of all three, and truthfully I think you can't go wrong with any of them.

Also, I see Many of the others great ones have already been thrown into the ring but I'll throw one more in since I haven't seen it mentioned, if you want a Synth that does Pretty much anything (Wavetables, Samples, FM, Etc) Falcon by UVI is pretty Sick. But its also (Comparatively speaking to the others) Very expensive (350$) and is not as easy to learn as Serum, Massive, Ana2, or Sylenth. Once its learned however it becomes an absolute sound design powerhouse, Few plugins like it on the market in terms of Versatility.

And One more, Synthmaster 2.9. Now with a recent update has full wavetable support, extremely affordable, wonderful sound, and a gigantic array of synthesis options to play with.

Best of luck man, Most importantly Try demos and pick the plugin YOU like the most. Everyone has their own favorites and you might find One synth appeals to your workflow while another is a pain. At the end of the Day it is the Music that is made with these tools that counts the most. And whatever helps you put your ideas inside FL the Fastest and Most Effectively is the best choice you can make.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Serum doesnt load Samples, any sample is turned into a wavetable and te sound just is not the same as a Sample.

So ANA2 seems like your best choice, I also think sonic academy will commit to it a lot and it will have a large community in a very short time. It is a god choice for a workhorse synth.
dedication to flying

wagtunes wrote:Cue the 100 different VSTs that are going to ultimately be named in this thread.

Have fun wading through the sea of synths to come.
Irony overload....... :borg:

Anyway don't forget DUNE 2. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

From those 2 options? Serum.
Zexila wrote:Get both Sylenth and Serum with rent-to-own plan. :tu:

https://splice.com/plugins/15493-serum- ... er-records
https://www.lennardigital.com/store/
This is also a very good option.

But when it comes to trance, Dune2 is very good option, Synthmaster is very VERY good option, Spire is very good option...

Actually IL store has very good trance options like Toxic and Poizone..

Any supersaw synth is good for trance. If it has FM possibility, like Tone2 Elektra2, it's a very good option.

But to keep things simple, Serum.

rod_zero wrote:Serum doesnt load Samples, any sample is turned into a wavetable and te sound just is not the same as a Sample.

So ANA2 seems like your best choice, I also think sonic academy will commit to it a lot and it will have a large community in a very short time. It is a god choice for a workhorse synth.
Serum can load samples. You can load, including drag & drop, samples into the noise oscillator.

rod_zero wrote:Serum doesnt load Samples, any sample is turned into a wavetable and te sound just is not the same as a Sample.

Serum does load samples, but it's limited to the noice oscillator.

To the OP, take a look at Tone2 Icarus.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Hi all,

first of all, thank you very much for the good recommendations. I will try a few. Because of the rent-to-buy optione for Sylenth1 and Serum, i think that i will rent for the first the Silenth1.

The next is, that i will play a little bit around with all of your recommendations. Serum is an option too, because also of the rent-to-buy option.

But with Serum i am a little bit torn too, because the way of handle samples is a way better in ANA2. Yes, it is possible with the noise osc, but as i have seen, it is not really the same. Very diffucult dicision :-)

But, as i have already said, thx a lot for all your answers... :-)

Regards
danyo

danyo2008 wrote:
But with Serum i am a little bit torn too, because the way of handle samples is a way better in ANA2. Yes, it is possible with the noise osc, but as i have seen, it is not really the same. Very diffucult dicision :-)

But, as i have already said, thx a lot for all your answers... :-)

Regards
danyo
I have not tried ANA2...

Only being able to load a sample into the noise osc is not so great. Also, converting a sample into a wavetable the result does not sound accurate. I'm not pleased with the resynthesis on Serum.

Return to “Instruments”