Abstract Textures Installation and Authorization

Official support for: audiority.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, for those who are having troubles trying to get Abstract Textures installed and authorized, here's an instructional video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBcuhRYbOIs

Hi Luca,

Is it possible to get Abstract Textures working with alternate sample paths? It says on the manual that

By selecting “Settings” from the logo menu, you can change the path for Presets, License and Samples folders.
Note: Please do not move the Settings folder from its default location.

Changing the path does not seem to work since it always sets it back to the default one even though pressing 'Save' and reloading the plugin. Am I missing something? I'd love to use the plugin on my laptop as well but there just isn't enough space for the 4gb+ library on my system drive.

Have you moved the settings file too? As long as you don't change the settings path, it should work. Otherwise, just open its settings file and manually replace the default samples path.

Hi Luca, and thanks for the super quick response! I'm on a Mac. I did not move a folder named 'Settings'. I tried to look for the said settings file but can't find one for Abstract Textures anywhere. Only ones I found were for a couple of demos of your plugins and one for Xenoverb (under *system disk*/Users/Shared/Audiority/Settings". There isn't anything in *system disk*/UserName/Library/Application Support/Audiority/Settings", it's empty.

mmm Abstract Textures has our older framework. You should look in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Audiority

Audiority wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 pm mmm Abstract Textures has our older framework. You should look in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Audiority
Yeah that's where I looked first since it was the default path but there's only two folders, 'Presets' and 'Samples'. I tried with version 1.1.1, now going to try reinstalling, first the 1.0 and then 1.1.1 again. When updating I removed the older plugin versions.

Try doing this manually:

go in that Audiority folder and create a new folder named Settings. Run the plugin and check if it creates a settings file in there.

I tried to re-install (1.1.1) but still no luck. The 'Settings' - folder is still empty, and changing the path does not work as it automatically resets when I reload the plugin after saving the path.

Audiority wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:25 am Try doing this manually:

go in that Audiority folder and create a new folder named Settings. Run the plugin and check if it creates a settings file in there.
I actually tried this earlier but with no luck. The 1.1.1 installer does create a Settings folder, together with the Licenses folder under *system disk*/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Audiority/.

I am assuming the Licences folder is where I copy my license, and that Settings folder should be the one with the .aus file? I also began to think would the plugin require the sample content to be in the default folder in the beginning for it to create the file, after which moving the content would be possible?

Btw thank you so much for taking the time for helping me out. I know this is a discontinued product, and you have no obligations to problem solve this stuff anymore. Really appreciate it!

OK, so I tried the full installation by temporarily making some space into the hdd but no Settings file. The plugin played the audio, but when I tried to move the sample content the issue persists.

What's the default settings path you get from the Settings window?

It's the one you mentioned earlier, ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Audiority. That one only has the Presets and the Samples folders.

Return to “Audiority”