Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update? (Poll now multiple choice)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which Cakewalk instrument should Bandlab update?

Beatscape/Cyclone (or some hybrid of the two)
3%
Pentagon
6%
PSYN
3%
Rapture Pro
27%
Session Drummer
2%
SFZ/SFZ+
8%
Studio Instruments
1%
Z3ta+
44%
Other
2%
Fish
3%
Triangle
2%

Total votes: 236

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay. Good news. Thanks dreamkeeper. Seems there will likely be something on the instruments front.

Not sure what you mean about the other stuff, though I don't frequenct cakewalk forums too much.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Not sure what you mean about the other stuff, though I don't frequenct cakewalk forums too much.
Just joking - a "reliable source" was mentioned in this here thread. Though I'm not quite sure if the poster was serious... Anyway, there'll be no shortage of people constructing their own reality - regardless of what the company reps or even the boss will say.
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

iosys wrote:Please Ultrafunk Sonitus:fx update with Mac au support, I miss this plugin pack
Not going to happen as its a discontinued product from early 2000s licensed from a third party
Amazon: why not use an alternative

https://www.cakewalk.com/Press/Release/ ... -Ultrafunk
Cakewalk Acquires Ultrafunk Audio Plug-in Technology
Boston, MA (August 26, 2003)—Cakewalk, developer of the world's best-selling music and sound software for Windows, today announced it has acquired plug-in technology from Oslo, Norway based, Ultrafunk AS, a leading independent developer of DirectX and VST audio plug-ins for Windows. As a result of this acquisition Cakewalk gains exclusive publishing and distribution rights to all Ultrafunk technologies, including the popular Sonitus:fx plug-in pack. Support and future updates for registered Ultrafunk product users will be handled directly through Cakewalk. In addition, registered Ultrafunk users will now become registered Cakewalk customers, eligible for future offers on Cakewalk products and upgrades.
So it's probably buried deep in the IP that BandLab just bought. :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

TTS-1 - Perhaps they could make a hybrid instrument where some of the instrument patches are based on samples while other instrument patches are modeled. Minimal change some of the instrument patches with better quality. This would give Cakewalk by BandLab the most bang for the buck since GM/GM2 compatible, multi-timbrel instruments are increasingly rare.

Studio Instruments - Add acoustic and electric guitars with a strum pattern player.

ENV1 wrote: Number 2 would be Rapture, but again the old original one. What this one needs first and foremost is more modulation sources, in other words its own EGs and LFOs and StepSeqs should be made available as such. Other than that id really like to see some sort of free-running mode and PWM for the oscs, (there has to be a way since it works with z3ta+ which is sample based too)
You can set an oscillator to free running in Rapture either by turning the oscillator to "multi" or by using an sfz opcode. I played around with that years ago as a way to run multiple different oscillators on a single element with a single filter but the sound was always a bit different than expected for whatever reason. No PWM that I'm aware of. I don't think hard sync and FM between oscillators are possible either. I remember when Rapture first came out a lot of people were wondering if it was intended to replace Z3ta but there's definitely a lot you can do with Z3ta that they left out of Rapture.
Dan

Return to “Instruments”