DDMF release bridgewize

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bridgewize

With more and more hosts going 64 bit only, a universal, cross-platform bit bridging tool is an essential part of the toolbox of every audio engineer who doesn’t want to lose all those precious (and often legendary) 32 bit plugins still waiting to be used. Enter Bridgewize: the world’s first bit bridging application that covers both VST and AU plugins on Mac, and of course VST plugins on Windows. It uses the same proprietary wrapping technique that has already been successfully introduced with Metaplugin3, but now in a dedicated standalone package that allows you to selectively create seamlessly bridged versions of your favourite 32 bit babies.

Features:

Plugin organizer to display all 32 bit candidates for easy and intuitive wrapping and unwrapping
Zero-latency audio transfer between the 64 bit DAW and the dedicated 32 bit bridging app
Plugin UI appearing seamlessly in the host’s window
Negligible additional CPU usage
Compatible with VST 2.4 plugins, OSX 10.6 and higher or Windows Vista and higher (untested on Windows XP)

Woah, I bought plugin doctor some days ago, and it seems that DDMF will have some more of my money today...

:D :D

is this like jBridge?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:is this like jBridge?
Doing the same thing basically. Well, I'm hoping for you guys to try it out and report. 8)

well, i don't need it, i went 64-bit only a while ago, and in any case REAPER has this built-in.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

hivkorn wrote:
With more and more hosts going 64 bit only, a universal, cross-platform bit bridging tool is an essential part of the toolbox of every audio engineer who doesn’t want to lose all those precious (and often legendary) 32 bit plugins still waiting to be used. Enter Bridgewize: the world’s first bit bridging application that covers both VST and AU plugins on Mac, and of course VST plugins on Windows. It uses the same proprietary wrapping technique that has already been successfully introduced with Metaplugin3, but now in a dedicated standalone package that allows you to selectively create seamlessly bridged versions of your favourite 32 bit babies.

Features:

Plugin organizer to display all 32 bit candidates for easy and intuitive wrapping and unwrapping
Zero-latency audio transfer between the 64 bit DAW and the dedicated 32 bit bridging app
Plugin UI appearing seamlessly in the host’s window
Negligible additional CPU usage
Compatible with VST 2.4 plugins, OSX 10.6 and higher or Windows Vista and higher (untested on Windows XP)

I see quite the opposite. I see more and more people ditching their 32 bit plugins and hosts for 64 bit. I really don't think there are any "must have" 32 bit only plugins out there, in this day and age.

Time to move on to bigger and better things if you ask me... at least something innovative, recreating the wheel seems like a waste of resources and time.

Why is this in Hosts & Applications?

gas pump wrote: I really don't think there are any "must have" 32 bit only plugins out there, in this day and age.
https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/

i miss Vanguard ! Jbridge is not really stable under cubase 9.5 pro , maybe this one will be more stable?...

hivkorn wrote:
Enter Bridgewize: the world’s first bit bridging application that covers both VST and AU plugins on Mac, and of course VST plugins on Windows. It uses the same proprietary wrapping technique that has already been successfully introduced with Metaplugin3, but now in a dedicated standalone package that allows you to selectively create seamlessly bridged versions of your favourite 32 bit babies.
Wait, did I misunderstood this ? It says world's first "a universal, crossplatform bit bridging solution." (on their website)

Does that mean that I can use Windows' VSTs on Mac and vice versa ? (it would be too good to be true :love: )

Cross platform usually means Mac and PC versions.
trancema wrote:
hivkorn wrote:
Enter Bridgewize: the world’s first bit bridging application that covers both VST and AU plugins on Mac, and of course VST plugins on Windows. It uses the same proprietary wrapping technique that has already been successfully introduced with Metaplugin3, but now in a dedicated standalone package that allows you to selectively create seamlessly bridged versions of your favourite 32 bit babies.
Wait, did I misunderstood this ? It says world's first "a universal, crossplatform bit bridging solution." (on their website)

Does that mean that I can use Windows' VSTs on Mac and vice versa ? (it would be too good to be true :love: )

I don't think it can run Windows plugin on Mac and viceversa (because of the os-specific libraries... the dependencies, you know...). Such software would likely cost more than Bridgewize, if working properly (which is not an easy goal at all).

I think that "universal, crossplatform" here means that it's the same wrapping software for both Mac and Windows (with a different build for each of operating system, of course). It's a first time because the competitors on the market are either format/os specific (32 lives) or sold as two different product (one for each platform - Jbridge/JbridgeM).

Anyway, beside these marketing things (I don't care about it), I tried in Cubase Pro 9.5 on OSX Sierra. I like the fact that it brings the wrapped gui inside a normal plugin window, but it doesn't work well with the only 32 plugin installed on my system, the MuRF editor, the menu didn't stay open (so I couldn't configure the midi output or access the pattern editor) and it seemed a little unstable (though it didn't crash Cubase). I didn't report the issue yet, I'll wait if there's any update soon (I tried version 1.0.0) and if the issue is still there, then I'll probably report it.

I may have a few older plugins which I could bring back (by the way I already have JBridgeM, but I always keep an eye on newer/better solutions), but the only one that I really miss is the MuRF editor (there's no replacement because it's hardware specific)... not that it really matters, I bought my MuRF when my setup was already 64-bit only...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Did anyone try Bridgewize? Is it even more stable than jBridge (which I like very much) ?

I understand those who switched to x64 all the way. Yet I also understand those who would like to have at least the option to run any of the hundreds of great 'legacy' 32bit plugins. Is 32bit legacy these days? Or is it still going strong, relevant and only in a minor way becomming less practical and relevant than x64?
Last edited by Timfonie on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Interested in how this compares to 32 Lives. It's a quarter of the price.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”