How To Fix Studio One If You have Enabled Black Listed Plugins & It Refuses To Load

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On rare occasions in the life of using a daw such as Studio One, you may uncover problems in where you have let plugins, new plugins, old dodgy plugins and those which required certain other software to function properly through the safe guard filters that the daw has in place to stop them being used. This can result in the problem where the daw will refuse to reopen, or fail at scanned plugins even after the re-installation of it, preventing the daw in being usable.

Typically if I have any problems with plugins in Studio One, I'll simply remove them entirely, but in this unusual case, I was trying to create a screen cast video to demonstrate that a plugin wouldn't run for the distributor of the plugin to look at. So I tried a different method to see if that would work instead given that the distributor stated ilok software client wasn't needed... yeah right (even though there was a pop up stating it and which Studio One had black listed prior)... So I reset the black list in Studio One to see if it would run... and well things didn't go well at all..

However... I did manage to fix it myself and the following guide I wrote afterwards explains what I encountered through this process, the methods I used and the locations in which you need to find the files concerned without needing to try and get help from Presonus directly vie support tickets.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”