ModulAir by Full Bucket Music (v1.2.3 released)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ModulAir

Yay! :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Full Bucket wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:50 pm Version 0.8.0 is here:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Cheers, Björn

@rickdom: Your issue is not forgotten and I am myself struggling with Buzz (although I do not think it is an issue with ModulAir).
Fernando (FMR)

rickdom wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 pm Yes, of course...
I use Buzz build 1145 with Polac vst adapter 1.1.10b31 (the latest version).

Investigating better, I noticed that by inserting a note-off message immediately after the note played the envelope generator activates correctly but this behavior differs from that of all your other vsti.
I do not usually insert the note-off messages in Buzz because these messages, in the pattern editor, occupy a line and so it is not possible to insert a new note immediately after the first note played.
With this information, perhaps you will be able to solve this behavior more easily, if you will be interested in modifying it.

Cheers and Thanks again.
You can force a note off in Buzz by using the note cut column in the pattern editor. If you've got a long string of repeating notes one after another, just enter FF in the note cut column, and each note will cut just before the next one triggers. Depending on your BPM, you may need to use a smaller value for note cut to account for MIDI slop. F8 or even F0 are generally indistinguishable from FF anyway unless your release is especially quick. I seem to recall some other VST instruments behaving this way in Buzz as well, but I can't recall how/if I was ever able to fix that.

Full Bucket wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:50 pm Version 0.8.0 is here:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Cheers, Björn
Thank you!!
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Björn
I am very grateful and I want to thank you for your kindness.

I thought it would require less effort on your part, considering that all your other vsti works perfectly. Honestly I would not want you to feel obliged to resolve the issue and that you lose too much time on it considering it could be how Buzz operate and, with the solution proposed by Cthonophonic which I thank for the suggestion, everything works correctly.

Thank you again
Cheers, Rickdom

Hi Björn, hi all,

I'm writing this coming from the OSC#117 thread...

I've tried to get a simple kick drum from ModulAir, i.e. the Sine with Pitch-Env Style, but I'm having trouble getting it stable and consistent.

It strikes me, that when I bounce the kick in Bitwig, the single wave forms differ from each other.
What is even more funny, that some wave forms seem to start right before the midi note (I have switched of any shuffel afaik)? You can check the screenshot.
And it seems that though the pitch env has no attack at all the first full wave form - that before the bar - has a lower freq and only after that the pitch env starts with the high freq. That's kind of wierd, also check out the screenshot, count 1.3.
I've tried to figure out what could be the reason, i.e. find out whether ModulAir reports some negativ delay compensation...couldn't find any hint about that.

Anyway - which ever settings or "tricks" I've tried in ModulAir itself or in the DAW, I wasn't able to get a consistent kick out of it. I've even tried FM Oscs...

Is there any ModulAir kick / bassdrum blueprint that I can us to get a consistent kick?

DAW: Bitwig 2.4.2, Win 10, ModulAir 0.8

BR ] Peter:H [
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm, inconsistencies in the location of the transient and release, but these sound the same
ModulAir UC - DR BD Starter.7z

Requests:
1) Portamento reset, please.
There's a fascinating mechanic where you can have polyphonic portamento with, gliding between semitones, an octave apart for example.
However, longer glides become a problem if it always starts at the previous note, and somewhere in the boonies at the start of the song.
2) BBD able to be applied to master
3) Reverb

Best wishes in any future developments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quick, _ake what you want in life

As a novice i think i could use a module that act as a action meter. Some animated staples indicating that the module to the right have input.
Maybe also a hint where it comes from.

Here is an example for ModulAir's new Mighty Master Module Mechanism (see attached screenshot). Modules can be switched via the top-left "V"/"M" button from standard (polyphonic) Voice mode to the new (monophonic) Master mode. A master module will process signals after the master output of all the voices. The final output signal is selected via the plugs in the red Master section to the left.

In the screenshot you can see how a single BBD delay is applied to a 16 voice polyphonic Osc/Filter/Amp structure. But there is more: Master LFOs can modulate Voice modules, and you can even have (monophonic) Master sequencers, oscillators, filters, etc. True paraphony is possible! :hyper:

If you think this sounds, looks, and feels pretty complicated: You have no idea how tough it is to implement that stuff... :hihi:

And before you ask: No, I do not know when I will ready to release it. :ud:

Cheers, Björn

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by Full Bucket on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Fernando (FMR)

Demo of the upcoming v0.9.0.

Cheers, Björn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUmPUa9JBM

Full Bucket wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:03 am Demo of the upcoming v0.9.0.

Cheers, Björn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUmPUa9JBM
Keeps getting better :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Fernando (FMR)

More teasing... :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LERnCgWJOw

Wooooop! :) :love:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Awesome...

Return to “Instruments”