Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

THE INTRANCER wrote:I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?
Yes it is possible. Buy the full version :hihi:

chk071 wrote:One of the few downsides of Thorn CM (and also the full Thorn) is that the mod envelopes close early, even when you set full release. Not sure if that was a design choice. They close much earlier than the amp envelope, which makes it hard to create pads with filter envelope.
Yes you are right here! I have just compared with Europa and both the envelopes and LFOs are much shorter in Thorn. For example, in Europa the Release time can be up to 40 seconds! The LFO is longer time as well. I haven't checked the full version though (the demo that is).

chk071 wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: BTW, that CM issue contains on the page 37 a "cm synth roundup", collection of some best synth published as a cm version.

How to get those synths - I got the impression, that by purchasing one cm issue, you get access to the vault of earlier downloads. How does this work?
You get all those synths when you get the current issue 257. :) They're all inside the instrument download for the issue you get from FileSilo.
OK, thank you for the info. I haven't had time to check this, but is old CM Vault gone?
It included all the stuff published in history. The FileSilo instrument download can't include all (?)

I just spent a few hours with the CM version and I've gotta say, I'm impressed. It's not the most feature-rich synth out there but it has some tricks up its sleeve, is really easy to use, and most importantly, sounds great! The only problem is that now I want the full version :help:

Harry_HH wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: BTW, that CM issue contains on the page 37 a "cm synth roundup", collection of some best synth published as a cm version.

How to get those synths - I got the impression, that by purchasing one cm issue, you get access to the vault of earlier downloads. How does this work?
You get all those synths when you get the current issue 257. :) They're all inside the instrument download for the issue you get from FileSilo.
OK, thank you for the info. I haven't had time to check this, but is old CM Vault gone?
It included all the stuff published in history. The FileSilo instrument download can't include all (?)
The vault's still there, it just doesn't have recent issues. I think they've removed some stuff from the suite over the years so even in the vault you won't find some of the really old software that used to be on the cover disk.

Filesilo seems to work fine now. The old contents are also there. So nothing is lost :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:it's the weather,if servers are near to stormy place :)Tomorrow will check again :)
How ridiculous, it obviously LBGT cuck SJW Ruskies up to their tricks
Amazon: why not use an alternative

THE INTRANCER wrote:I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?

I did that with UHE's Bazille CM version, in Photoshop. I don't use any plugin with cheap and tacky Computer Music branding on it.
? But you are happy to use the plug-ins that CM provides :dog:

+1 for what EnGee said.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Harry_HH wrote:
chk071 wrote:

CMVault is no longer used but you can transfer your issues registered there over to FileSilo - details are in the magazine. The "cm plug-ins" downloads (that is, not the one-off specials) are in FileSilo already.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
chk071 wrote:

CMVault is no longer used but you can transfer your issues registered there over to FileSilo - details are in the magazine. The "cm plug-ins" downloads (that is, not the one-off specials) are in FileSilo already.
I believed you got the whole cm plugin history (up to your purchased cm issue)automatically in the Vault.
I don't need to transfer my cm issues, but looking for the "search" of history plugins, can't find that search-function in the FileSilo. There are only the purchased issue stuff.
Maybe I'm missing something.

No, you only get the content for the specific issues, both in the CM vault, and FileSilo. That, of course, includes all the plugins they made part of their CM plugin suite, which are most of them. There are a few issue specific plugins every now and then though, which you only get with that one specific issue.

chk071 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that Dimitry will soon realise he submitted the wrong version? :scared:
Whatcha mean?
I mean that this is so fully-featured that I can't believe he meant to let it go.

It's only 'cause you know there are features missing that makes this feel slightly lacking. otherwise, it seems like a full-fledged product :shrug:

You're right. :) After all, i'm not sure how many sales Thorn still generates now though. You know how it is, when the new and shiny has worn off, there's hardly any sales anymore. This is probably a good idea for a way that generates additional sales, when the people like the CM synth, and upgrade to the discounted full version.

chk071 wrote:Last time i checked, Beat mag didn't offer downloads for the digital version of the mag.
This one perhaps? https://www.falkemedia-shop.de/sound/iso-archiv/?p=1
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

chk071 wrote:You're right. :) After all, i'm not sure how many sales Thorn still generates now though. You know how it is, when the new and shiny has worn off, there's hardly any sales anymore. This is probably a good idea for a way that generates additional sales, when the people like the CM synth, and upgrade to the discounted full version.
I didn't know there was a discount. Mind you, I can't afford it :scared:

As for interest wearing of: Thorn is one of the only synths that I've demoed in a long time that has really interested me :shrug: This 'lite' version will either satisfy that need, or eventually become indispensable enough that I jump for the real deal :tu:

Return to “Instruments”