Beginner LFO (Wave Selection) Question

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Hi!
Note really sure how to phrase my question or if I'm missing something with regards to the LFO?!

I have an OSC with 16 different waveforms. The "Wave" parameter gets modulated by a sine LFO.

What I expect: The waveforms are selected by the LFO in a smooth fashion; meaning every selection gets the same amount of time.

What I get: The first waveform is selected for a longer period of time in relation to the other 15.
So, it starts with the first waveform, starts it sweep, gets to the last and sweeps back to the first. But stays longer at the first than at any other form.

What am I missing / doing wrong?

Thanky you very much!
Tim

If you want the same amount of time, you should use a saw that ramps up at linear speed, or make it a triangle if you want it to go back and forth all the time.
It's in the nature of the sine wave to accelerate and decelerate at different phase times.
Confucamus.

Thank you very much for your answer.
But it still doesn't work for me. I'm using a triangle wave for the LFO now, but it still stays longer at the first waveform. I attached a screenshot. Maybe you could tell me, what I'm doing wrong.
2018-05-26 11_47_34-Zebra2(x64)_Dark Drone.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You need to set Wave knob to 8.0 and WaveModDepth to 8.0. The Wave knob in unidirectional and goes from 0.00 to 16.00 (to cover all 16 waveforms), and WaveModDepth is bidirectional and can go from -16.00 to 0.00 to +16.00, so it has 32 steps. At your screenshot the LFO on WaveModDepth tries to modulate Wave parameter from 0 to +16 to 0 to -16. So it is simply overshooting. Alternatively, you can keep WaveModDepth at 16.00 but change the LFO Amp to 50%.

That did it!
Thank you both for your help.

drzhnn wrote:You need to set Wave knob to 8.0 and WaveModDepth to 8.0. The Wave knob in unidirectional and goes from 0.00 to 16.00 (to cover all 16 waveforms), and WaveModDepth is bidirectional and can go from -16.00 to 0.00 to +16.00, so it has 32 steps. At your screenshot the LFO on WaveModDepth tries to modulate Wave parameter from 0 to +16 to 0 to -16. So it is simply overshooting. Alternatively, you can keep WaveModDepth at 16.00 but change the LFO Amp to 50%.
Almost :-). Quoting the user guide (which can be read by anyone immediately, hint-hint):
"Note: The center of the waveset is 8.5, so a modulation amount of 7.5 from a bipolar source is enough to span the entire waveset. To reach Wave 16 from Wave 1 using a unipolar source (such as the mod wheel), set the amount to +15."

Return to “u-he”