all quiet ( spelt correctly ) on the western front for a couple of months

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you think we are in for a Summer vacation US / holiday UK Surprise ?
Last edited by turbo_kev on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=506456

And I think you mean 'quiet' :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Quite quiet indeed.

To be fair it was quiet for a while after 2.2 and 2.3 was a home run with many requested features. If the quietness means 2.4 will be fantastic as well then I have no complaints.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

mevla wrote:Quite quiet indeed.
Quit this bullshit! :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I know where to come for spelling lessons now

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Quintessential quiet quietly queries quivering.

I know where to get the lyrics for the next song from:

https://alliteration.me/sentence.html

Cheers.

I am a bit disappointed in the devs lack of involvement with the community.

Quack Quack wrote:I am a bit disappointed in the devs lack of involvement with the community.
Maybe they just prefer not to wade into the bottomless swamp of users shouting, demanding, insulting & otherwise being rude, entitled pricks who think their individual needs & desires should dictate every move of the company (and will throw a fit whenever it doesn't, which will be almost always).

I mean, tell me I'm wrong here. Sure, you'd be one of the "good" ones, I know, but you know how it is out there....

Quack Quack wrote:I am a bit disappointed in the devs lack of involvement with the community.
They used to post here quite a lot at the beginning, until they were chased out by an angry horde with pitchforks.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Less posts here mean more time to make cool stuff happen...

But yeah a scrap here or there would be nice too :)
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Its not just here, the web site is pretty quiet as well in terms of changes/news but I am hoping that is about to change :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

toby wrote:
They used to post here quite a lot at the beginning, until they were chased out by an angry horde with pitchforks.
They shouldn't be lead by these people. Involvement, if only to say hi from time to time is great. But then people will ask what are your plans and they will not know what to answer, or will answer in a detrimental way that's not good for business.

Not everyone can be involved. It takes 'something'. Look at Urs from u-he or Vojtech from Melda. Or George from DiscoDSP. They are there up front quite often and they handle it just great, and people in return give their appreciation. That creates a nice backdrop for business. Does it materialize in actual revenues ? I wouldn't think so, but it surely makes a difference in handling customers and eventually, fans.

OTOH there are companies with great products whose forums have become ghost alleys. People ask questions that are seldom answered. No presence. They do not care. Should they, after all ?

Cheers.

I come from a gamers community where devs are praised for communicating and the trolls are shammed(As long as the games are moving in the right direction). Maybe the music scene is different?

I guess Apple's move to drop OpenGL might be one of the setbacks they hadn't anticipated. They probably had been working on it to improve the Mac display performance issue, and such announcement could mean all the work done had to be scrapped, and then back to the drawing board.

As always, just a speculation which could be totally wrong. :P
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Return to “Bitwig”