Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bundoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm first impressions

bouncing / pitch processing bass sounds creates loads of pops and clicks

pitch process sometimes doesn't work...! symbol appears

No bezier curves directly on waveform with that sx fade pop up

damn

Just take a look at the mixer view channel strip for the shittest UI you've ever seen

lame
Is this a joke that's over my head or something?

danfi wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 am I'd ban all of you for such pointless off topic shit posting
The entirety of the forums consist of pointless, subjective claims being discussed and/or argued... that's social media.

Robert Randolph wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:38 am
bundoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm first impressions

bouncing / pitch processing bass sounds creates loads of pops and clicks

pitch process sometimes doesn't work...! symbol appears

No bezier curves directly on waveform with that sx fade pop up

damn

Just take a look at the mixer view channel strip for the shittest UI you've ever seen

lame
Is this a joke that's over my head or something?
What do you mean?

Here's the fade pop up...in good ol SX style
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I posted my thoughts on Cubase and the looks of it's GUI having tested it out, 3 or 4 weeks ago.... with version 9.5. I do actually think it's gotten even worse than before. It's like it's got some personality disorder and doesn't know what decade to live in. When Presonus did their GUI update of Studio One from 2.6 to 3.0, it was a complete overhaul and in a unified way, and sure it did take a few revisions to refine to users preferences from the feedback they got, but it wasn't a horse crossed with a zebra to begin with.

I've never been a fan of the flat fad that has been bestowed us for the best part of the past 6 years, however with balance with non-flat elements, flat elements can work well if designed in a well crafted and practical way. Cubase looks to be very very far away from that, and I would have imagined that given a release of a significant number of 10, it would have marked a higher level of importance to knock it out of the park with a new modern and completely refreshed GUI foundation to build on, than what they have provided. Don't get me wrong, I can see what they have done to try and add new functionality and help with usability, but if I was a regular Cubase user over the years, I'd feel pretty disappointed with how everything is still in a flux with the GUI.

I remember when the Propellerheads did a pretty radical redesign of their Reason GUI from version 7 to 8 years ago. That was more of a compartmentalised redesign of their GUI than a full one and whilst I wasn't a fan of all their functionally changes to go with it, it did at least take it's old dated look and make it more modern and where specifically, universally changed and unified.

I dunno, I find it really strange that a company with so much money can't design a decent unified GUI.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 am

I dunno, I find it really strange that a company with so much money can't design a decent unified GUI.
But they just did it.

It's strange for you because their current GUI does not adapt to your personal perception of what good is. And that's ok that's life. We are all different and there's like plenty of other apps for anyone to choose from.

If anything is strange here then it's individual asking a million users app to look or behave like one user want it. Not pointing this to you directly.

Cheers and have some great weekend.

I agree. One of the best, if not the best looking GUI in the business. Not sure what's not to like about it.

I couldn’t disagree more, the GUI is very messy and inconsistent, different font sizes and styles, different window colours and styles, too many windows (often hiding behind the wain window), tiny buttons in dark grey on black! hiDpi not working on Windows 10, tiny non resizable GUIs for plug-in like retrologue (almost unusable in 4K)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It seems I’m not the only who thinks the GUI isn’t getting better. It almost makes me return to 9.5. For example, the settings window in Audio Export is a mess. And the graphic design in Cubase is not unified. BTW, their website is also not so beautiful.

Ableton has the best unified graphic design. In their software, website and hardware.

Do you honestly believe that? Look at the two images I've posted above...aside from the lack of ease of functionality of the two, they are obviously from entirely different eras. I've been using Cubase since 2004 and it really does need to unify and standardise. It's a great program with some real problems. Why are people so unable to grasp that there are issues that must be addressed. The program is literally a UI used for audio so yes it matters.

I really have to say with cubase 10 it got my interest but i would need to know if it is somewhere better than studio one. Fl studio or bitwig. Right now the new gui is nice but daws look more and more the same....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

kiezum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 am It seems I’m not the only who thinks the GUI isn’t getting better. It almost makes me return to 9.5.
I'll be returning to 9.5 for my band stuff, my writing partner uses Artist and there is nothing in there to justify £68 of upgrade price, so he is staying on 9.5.

So I will use 10 for my solo projects, but for my main band stuff stay with 9.5.

I did finally remove 8 and 9 off my machine to make room for 10.
Plus moved all the content to another drive.

bundoo wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 am Back on track: with the UI flat is good. If done properly.

But the console in the mixer is one of the stupidest most inefficient things Cubase has had. They pandered like Reason to some SSL archaic mindset rather than saying we have EVERY possibility in the digital realm and we can make something fresh clean and useable. Nope...just something that is supposed to look like a 40-year-old room full of expensive knobs.
OK... We are in opposite fields, then. I "hate" flat GUIs (and all the "flat trend" in general) and I "like" the Reason mixer. I wish Steinberg did something like that.
Fernando (FMR)

rollasoc wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 am I did finally remove 8 and 9 off my machine to make room for 10.
Can we move the content after installation? How?
Fernando (FMR)

bundoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm Just take a look at the mixer view channel strip for the shittest UI you've ever seen

lame
Oh my god please no. That looks... awful

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 am
rollasoc wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 am I did finally remove 8 and 9 off my machine to make room for 10.
Can we move the content after installation? How?
If there are no other answers, then the answer is symbolic links. I use them all the time, especially with software that doesn't ask where it would like to be installed. Whenever that happens, I just link it up to the correct place and software will recognize everything just like usual.

I believe shortcuts can also work, but unlike symbolic linking, they can fail. Head to here for that: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html

Also, in case you want easier way to find stuff in your HDD's, in particular big files, WinDirStat is great for that. https://windirstat.net/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”