Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
vurt
addled muppet weed

36054 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:07 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

IncarnateX wrote:Hey Americans
You live in a big country and I guess it is hard to get an overview but do you actually have universities in which modern and classical music is taught side by side and given so, would it include taking analytical approaches to such genres a Trance, Techno and EDM in varous forms? Could you make a thesis within such subjects?

at unis in the uk you could once (dunno if its still available) do a course on "madonna" think that was a degree?
IncarnateX
KVRAF

2943 posts since 25 Jan, 2009, from Forgotten Realms

Postby IncarnateX; Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Sounds intimidating.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:14 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

IncarnateX wrote:Sounds intimidating.

she is, she could crush a man with her thighs! :scared:
Hink
Rad Grandad

27042 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:03 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

vurt wrote:

with all those children at her feet? :o
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

:hihi:
kudos!
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22644 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:12 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Hink wrote:
vurt wrote:

with all those children at her feet? :o

... and a baby at her breast.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:39 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

shell get kicked out of posh restaurants.
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:48 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Oh dear.
Rule, Britannia!
How on Earth King Alfred and co. ever made it to kick us back to the north is still a mystery to me but hardly due to a shared gene pool with the rest of the population. However, the last two decades I actually have had hope for you in this regard but then came the Brexit and we are back at ground zero, aren’t we, old lad?
Acid Mitch
KVRAF

1861 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Postby Acid Mitch; Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:06 am Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

It’s not so bad once you get in the groove.
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 am Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Acid Mitch wrote:It’s not so bad once you get in the groove.

True; it’s even worse.
Acid Mitch
KVRAF

1861 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Postby Acid Mitch; Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:29 am Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

You're beggining to sound like a virgin.
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:59 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

You know I am not but please Papa don’t preach. I’m a material girl and do not have to justify my love.
Aliens
KVRian

610 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Took you a day to get it, but well done, now you're in vogue. :lol:
Aliens
KVRian

610 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

IncarnateX wrote:Oh dear.
Rule, Britannia!
How on Earth King Alfred and co. ever made it to kick us back to the north is still a mystery to me but hardly due to a shared gene pool with the rest of the population. However, the last two decades I actually have had hope for you in this regard but then came the Brexit and we are back at ground zero, aren’t we, old lad?

So says Lucky Eddie: Hägar's first mate, best friend and lieutenant in Viking raids. Contrary to popular depictions of Vikings as brawny macho warriors, Eddie is a short, skinny, chinless, awkward and naïve weakling. The ironically-named "Lucky" Eddie is, in fact, so unlucky he can be crushed by a stray rainbow. He wears a funnel rather than a helmet on his head, which he always keeps on because he's afraid of squirrels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A4gar_the_Horrible

:lol:
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 pm Re: Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Aliens wrote:Took you a day to get it, but well done, now you're in vogue. :lol:

Took me a day to note that someone is still keeping this thread alive in the first place, mate. But I am all in for some entertaintment, so you can not really aim too low.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)