What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth1 sounds good to my ears - simple as that. And I do value my daughter's opinions on isolated sounds especially partly because her ears are better then mine - know why I say that? Because being younger, she hasn't suffered the high-frequency loss that I have from age, from years of abuse, yada yada -

I got into ghost hunting for a while - it can be *really* interesting from a audiophile/listener perspective - especially examining raw recordings from so-called hunts. Anyway I found that my daughter is better at picking up on stuff, making out stuff from recordings, then I am. I should mention that she also plays several instruments; and listens to music constantly - most of it is what I might call produced but ecletic - YouTube artists that I've never heard of before she introduced them to me.

There are many ways of promoting yourself & in this case: your performance & recording art - and unfortunately in this day and age, it seems to be fashionable to act like a bull in a China shop.

I just watched a documentary last night about Led Zeppelin - what was fascinating is what civilized human beings all the band members were - and incredibly successful monetarily, as we all know. Why? Largely it looked like because of Peter Grant, their manager - who was an intimidating jerk, who controlled everything - he went so far as to promote ridiculous myths of band excesses, etc - to create a narrative that was larger then life; and in large part untrue. Sure: the members all had their weaknesses - just like the rest of us. But by the time John Bonham died - they were basically family men.

Angry, loud, often gets the job done - depending on the job - certainly effective promotion for some genres of music.

From the first time that I heard Sylenth1 all those years ago, until I fired it up recently - it has always sounded extremely good! What makes it special this day & age is that it is very conservative on CPU's - that can be Godsend depending on the circumstances that it's being used in.

Wait, so the Mud Shark thing never happened?

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm Wait, so the Mud Shark thing never happened?
Lol! It did if you want to believe that it did, jancivil!

Hmmmm: maybe that was a nod to the Fatty Arbuckle story from years ago -

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm Wait, so the Mud Shark thing never happened?
it did, but it was a gold fish, and the fish was on top.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:29 pm Why? Almost all people I know dislike EDM, but they are hardly elitists or snobs, after all my mom for instance likes Celine Dion, my father Bavarian folklore music :hihi:
The despise for EDM might simply be age-related...
There is a difference between "I don't like EDM" (I personally don't like rap or reggae) and "The music I listen to is BETTER than EDM."

That to me, the fact that you have to classify the music you listen to as better, is what makes you an elitist and a snob.

Interesting what you say about your daughter. My hearing ends at 13kHz or even less by now. Not sure what the missing 7kHz would sound like 8) If I could make my ears 40 years younger again, I would probably notice how muffled everything has gradually become.

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 pm
Lol! It did if you want to believe that it did, jancivil!

Hmmmm: maybe that was a nod to the Fatty Arbuckle story from years ago -
I want to believe![/Mulder]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFs5Y1hlN-I

Here it's the Vanilla Fudge. Who knew. Central casting...

KVR.....ever the land of pointless threads. Which is better? Digital or Analog? Hardware or Software? Apples or Oranges?

Personally I prefer Oranges......

the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

wagtunes wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:08 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:29 pm Why? Almost all people I know dislike EDM, but they are hardly elitists or snobs, after all my mom for instance likes Celine Dion, my father Bavarian folklore music :hihi:
The despise for EDM might simply be age-related...
There is a difference between "I don't like EDM" (I personally don't like rap or reggae) and "The music I listen to is BETTER than EDM."

That to me, the fact that you have to classify the music you listen to as better, is what makes you an elitist and a snob.
The two statements (which I didn't make, despite your using quotes) go hand in hand, they are two sides of the same coin: I don't like EDM, hence I consider the music I do like to be better than EDM.

Elitists and snobs look and despise downwards because they actually are higher up. I am not higher up, though. I look and despise sideways :hihi:

I am certainly anything but an eclectic person. I don't understand eclectic people...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:19 pm I don't understand eclectic people...
poor little pudenda :hug:

Also, I don't know what kind of music you do like (let's call it x), but when you say you don't like Reggae (something we actually agree on :hihi: ), you do think x is better than Reggae in one or more ways. Else you would not dislike Reggae and like x.

So, I'm not the only one who gets that from his name.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have better taste than f_l_s. :D

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:26 pm So, I'm not the only one who gets that from his name.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have better taste than f_l_s. :D
i reckon hes got the hoffs greatest hits album.

as in david hasselhoff not her from the bangles.

Dp
Last edited by goldenanalog on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What are you two talking about 8) What does Hasselhoff or Hoffs have to do with anything? :o

Return to “Instruments”