Water (solo) digital rain edition

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I thought I would start again.
I locked the other topic as I attempted to stop someone from agroing someone else, this was the wrong decision on my behalf, as people are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves. Its just I reacted the same way I would in the real world, this was my bad!!
This stopped me from responding to the critiques that were placed within the topic.
I was asked if I wanted that post cleaned and reinstated, I declined, I then change my mind and pm'd to have it returned warts an all, I haven't heard anything back, so I'm posting this version.
This is made with 3 instances of a synth, I used a chord device to input, , i try to stay way from quantise, normally a minus value of 7 to offset the delay of input and a setting of 25-50 which seems to not adjust the midi data.
This was me playing, hence the (solo), I forget sometimes that something you write can have another meaning in others interpretation of the word written.
I also did some offline editing, to add to the piece.

So without further ado

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/water-sol ... in-edition

Any critique, feedback, + or - appreciated, as we all gotta learn somehow :D

DRM 9
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Also this is related to two other tracks I posted here, linearlunar cycle and Wative Bijak.
Linear lunar cycle is water backwards with offline line edting and Wative Bijak is the same instrumentation and some of the midi data from Water (solo)
I was meant to explain this but after locking the thread I never had a chance :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Nice piece of music, it felt pleasantly random yet still deliberate, if that makes sense. Reminds me of oldschool RPG music but with a modern twist. The main sound was well-chosen. Don't really know what else to say other than I enjoyed it!
Thankyouverymuch for listening and commenting, yes, random is pretty much what I was after :D

I meant to comment on the similarities between the original version and the other tracks, but the original thread was locked by the time I got to it. This was pleasant to listen to, and definitely had the human touch.

I think one of the people here tried an alternative approach by converting a WAV recording of falling rain into MIDI note-on data and mapped the pitch sequence of one of Satie's pieces onto that using Matlab or CSound.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I meant to comment on the similarities between the original version and the other tracks, but the original thread was locked by the time I got to it. This was pleasant to listen to, and definitely had the human touch.

I think one of the people here tried an alternative approach by converting a WAV recording of falling rain into MIDI note-on data and mapped the pitch sequence of one of Satie's pieces onto that using Matlab or CSound.

Thankyouverymuch, for listening and commenting :D

The piece in Matlab sounds really interesting, sometimes I wish I had visited the café way sooner or there was a sticky board for some of the pieces posted here, like digital signatures of previous patrons :)

seismic1 wrote:I meant to comment on the similarities between the original version and the other tracks, but the original thread was locked by the time I got to it. This was pleasant to listen to, and definitely had the human touch.

Thankyouverymuch, for listening and commenting :D

The piece in Matlab sounds really interesting, sometimes I wish I had visited the café way sooner or there was a sticky board for some of the pieces posted here, like digital signatures of previous patrons :)

Return to “Music Cafe”