MStereoProcessor (Attn: Vojtek and Chandler)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thers's a couple of days left for 50% off MStereoProcessor, and I'm curious about this one. My understanding of this stuff is sketchy, so I looked for a video about MStereoProcessor.
This is the very, very best video on the plugin I could find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_ZOq5RrkQ
Hey Chandler, do you think that you can top this one? Vojtek, is this video an adequate illustration of the plugin?

The reviews of Melda audio processors made by Cardelli could be much better.

I got the MStereo Processor a few days ago. So far what I like is that it is subtle and adds a nice touch to open up a mix. I only tried it on the master bus where I create jams and such (Bitwig) and not in actual mixing yet (Harrison Mixbus32C). And I haven't isolated its effect on stems only or even single tracks. But what I got from the master bus so far is creatively nice, so I presume it can only get better from there.

What I specifically like are the 4-bands adjustments. There's a lot of play in there.

Compared to other stereo processors, this one is not blatantly in the way I might say. Which is nice for many uses. Other more forward stereo processors have their uses also.

sirmonkey - Sorry I don't think I'll be able to get a video made for this plugin before the sale is over, but I can definitely do one in the future if you like. IMO the multiband features make it really useful for things like making bass mono or just using it as a exciter to give a bit more sparkle to an insturment/mix.

Sorry I couldn't get it out before the sale ended, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what it can do and if you like it you can pick it up during the next sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hBQWOt4NY

+1

Thanks for the video Chandler! That was actually fast! Instructional videos like yours are not easy to do well. But you make it look easy- which shows that you're very skilled. All of your videos on Melda plugins are among the best out there. And I have to say that I feel honored that you made the video in response to my request. You are a true asset to Melda Productions, as well as Melda's current and potential customers.

So far, I have the mastering bundle, and several other Melda plugins, and I just got MXXX Core. And I haven't even scratched the surface of what all this stuff can do. But I will be tempted to grab MStereoprocessor whenever it goes on sale again. So anyway, thanks for another great video, and keep up the great work!

sirmonkey wrote:Thanks for the video Chandler! That was actually fast! Instructional videos like yours are not easy to do well. But you make it look easy- which shows that you're very skilled. All of your videos on Melda plugins are among the best out there. And I have to say that I feel honored that you made the video in response to my request. You are a true asset to Melda Productions, as well as Melda's current and potential customers.

So far, I have the mastering bundle, and several other Melda plugins, and I just got MXXX Core. And I haven't even scratched the surface of what all this stuff can do. But I will be tempted to grab MStereoprocessor whenever it goes on sale again. So anyway, thanks for another great video, and keep up the great work!
Thanks. I really appreciate it. Its good to know the videos are helping people. Besides sometimes I need ideas for videos, so suggestions can be good sometimes.

Chandlerhimself wrote:Thanks. I really appreciate it. Its good to know the videos are helping people. Besides sometimes I need ideas for videos, so suggestions can be good sometimes.
How about you you get a weeks notice from Vojtech what will be on sale next week.
Then you can do a video each week to help people who are considering buying a plugin in the sale.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote: How about you you get a weeks notice from Vojtech what will be on sale next week. Then you can do a video each week to help people who are considering buying a plugin in the sale.
That's an excellent, dare I say, business suggestion.

Perhaps not about all 4 plugins of the week, but at least one of them.

Cheers.

jmg8 - That's a good idea and I thought about it before. I might try to do it in the future. Sometimes I don't have any ideas for the EMD sale plugins, so it might not be possible, but if possible I'd like to release them when they're on discount. This week unfortunately I'm releasing the video close to the end of the sale.

...perhaps, in the future when a particular plug goes on sale and has been "Chandlered," a link could be provided to the vid for "inspiration." I use Melda almost exclusively but never really ever looked at MSP, after all, my "drop down" list of Melda plugs now scrolls for several pages. I saw the vid after the sale as over...().../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

I agree. The product page of the plugin should be quickly updated to provide a link to the new video. Like the same day the tutorial video is released, or at most the day after.

mevla wrote:The reviews of Melda audio processors made by Cardelli could be much better.

I got the MStereo Processor a few days ago. So far what I like is that it is subtle and adds a nice touch to open up a mix. I only tried it on the master bus where I create jams and such (Bitwig) and not in actual mixing yet (Harrison Mixbus32C). And I haven't isolated its effect on stems only or even single tracks. But what I got from the master bus so far is creatively nice, so I presume it can only get better from there.

What I specifically like are the 4-bands adjustments. There's a lot of play in there.

Compared to other stereo processors, this one is not blatantly in the way I might say. Which is nice for many uses. Other more forward stereo processors have their uses also.

Hi mevla, strongly agree with you on that, is a subtle processor and, IMHO, unlike other stereo processors helps prevent audio to get into the antiphase zone :) The excitement feature is also useful as well as the bands.

Have been using it in the last two weeks in individual tracks and group/subgroup channels (applied concretely in snares, cymbals and open HH) and believe that works well (in Techno music) in alliance with other Melda plugins as a complement for creative tools.

Just to set and example:
MStereoProcessor: (widen HF and everything below 500/550hz mono)
+ MReverbMB (processing just side) OR MGranularMB (processing just side)
+ MSpectralPan or whatever fx plugin you may like :harp:

I know that Melda FX plugins have mid/side processing functionalities but do not allow you to widen certain frequencies or keeping others in mono which comes in very handly when mixing.

Return to “MeldaProduction”