Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:00 pm Yay. Now we have two extra controls crammed into the UI and NO buttons at all (no bevels or boxes on the symbols to make them clear targets).
Figures I’d get a dislike on that post :lol: Just too many people falling in line with the flat fad minimalism trends...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I am SOOOOOO glad I stumbled onto this thread because it is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS.

The only problem I have with these damn buttons is editing a post now becomes a walk through a mine field. I know one day I'm gonna end up disliking my own post.

As far as the buttons themselves, I don't need a like or dislike to know who doesn't like me. I have my own personal fan club of haters. Thankfully, I have finally moved on from all the BS.

1. I no longer post in the Instruments sub forum. I no longer care which sawtooth wave sounds better or if your cat prefers to s(h)it on a Jupiter 2 VST or a Jupiter 12 VST.

2. I now ignore the trolls. I simply report the posts to the mods and move on. And so far they have been very good about keeping my music thread clean. Thank you mods. I appreciate it.

3. If I have a tech question, I go to the appropriate forum to ask it. Get my answer and move on.

4. Essentially, my life here now consists of posting my music and commenting on the music of others. I don't use the buttons. I find them too impersonal and, IMO, meaningless in most cases.

Finally, I don't care who likes or dislikes this post. To be free from all the negativity here has been too long coming. But it would be nice if I didn't have to navigate through the 7 levels of hell to find the edit button.

PS - I said my peace on this subject and I won't be responding to any responses to this post. Please leave your dislike in the upper right hand corner and don't forget to tip your waitress.

The new buttons don't even work on my mobile. If I click one it just takes me to the top of the page. Pointless.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:11 pm The new buttons don't even work on my mobile. If I click one it just takes me to the top of the page. Pointless.
i get this on my computer, but phone is fine.

still pointless really...

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:07 pm I am SOOOOOO glad I stumbled onto this thread because it is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS.

The only problem I have with these damn buttons is editing a post now becomes a walk through a mine field. I know one day I'm gonna end up disliking my own post.

As far as the buttons themselves, I don't need a like or dislike to know who doesn't like me. I have my own personal fan club of haters. Thankfully, I have finally moved on from all the BS.

1. I no longer post in the Instruments sub forum. I no longer care which sawtooth wave sounds better or if your cat prefers to s(h)it on a Jupiter 2 VST or a Jupiter 12 VST.

2. I now ignore the trolls. I simply report the posts to the mods and move on. And so far they have been very good about keeping my music thread clean. Thank you mods. I appreciate it.

3. If I have a tech question, I go to the appropriate forum to ask it. Get my answer and move on.

4. Essentially, my life here now consists of posting my music and commenting on the music of others. I don't use the buttons. I find them too impersonal and, IMO, meaningless in most cases.

Finally, I don't care who likes or dislikes this post. To be free from all the negativity here has been too long coming. But it would be nice if I didn't have to navigate through the 7 levels of hell to find the edit button.

PS - I said my peace on this subject and I won't be responding to any responses to this post. Please leave your dislike in the upper right hand corner and don't forget to tip your waitress.
piece :P

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:14 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:12 pm Ok, fair enough.
+1 :wink:
Any idea who disliked this?

:hihi:
Who gives a shit? :shrug:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:55 am
AnX wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:29 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:58 am
highkoo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 am Go read the first couple OP in this thread.
I cant believe this is real.
What are humans.
Given that was me I’d like to hear more of your thoughts then.

How does “liking” ones comment about a friend buying a new synth make either of us not human? Should I instead a) ignore that post (seems a bit rude); b) reply with a smily (in which case you then immediately have a full page of stupid emojis); or c) simply click the like button.

Honestly if anybody is sitting behind their keyboard wanking themselves dry over their like count then I’m completely lost for words.

I can see how this is possible with teens focused on attention and self-worth (ie Facebook) but I think we’re a little more mature here right? Look at GS which is the same industry/hobby and same demographic, it works very well there.

how does it benefit kvr or its users?

oh look, 8 ppl liked that post.... and?
oh look, 8 ppl didn't like that post.... and?
can ppl not read a post and then comment or ignore?

just adds to the wash of the anonymous bullying/trolling culture
Let me give a live example.

Somebody was recently sick in the pissed off thread and another member replied saying they hope they get better.

I could either not say anything (despite wishing them well), reply with a smily (hate them with a passion) or reply with a +1 which just pollutes the thread unnecessarily.
or actually reply and say "hope you're better soon"

clicking a thumb is lazy and impersonal, and doesn't actually clarify what you mean.

totally pointless

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:07 pm I am SOOOOOO glad I stumbled onto this thread...
so are we, this party was dull as dishwater until you turned up with you bullet point breakdown and care free attitude! :party:

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:35 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:07 pm I am SOOOOOO glad I stumbled onto this thread...
so are we, this party was dull as dishwater until you turned up with you bullet point breakdown and care free attitude! :party:
:lol:

Can we please get a like/dislike thread option?

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:35 pm
:lol:

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:01 pm Image

theyre in time to the tune im listening to :o
im being hypnotised by bouncing cocks!

oh, ffs, move them away from the f**king edit button you twonks.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 pm This is the most stupid pointless change ever. If people cant be bothered to post a reply then who cares what they like/hate? Please get rid.
I have a better idea - if you don't care what people do or do not like, just don't look at the like/dislike counts. Problem solved. To ask for it to be removed tells me that whether or not people agree with you matters, which is stupid. Isn't it better to see if your opinions are valid or not?
That's very presumptuous of you. I'm fine with people posting that they disagree with me ... why wouldn't I be? But i think that like buttons on a forum like this are pointless and just plain lazy tbh. I can understand it's value for youtube, etc ... also I often use my mobile to access KVR and the extra buttons are just screen clutter to me. its not exactly difficult to post a :tu: rather than click a like button.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Site Stuff”