Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

mrfuzz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 am Come on guys - it's already the 27th in some places, and we've got a long way to go to hit 200 pages still... :hihi:
ugh, fine, guess I'll make an account after a few dozen pages of lurking in this thread and contribute to the page bloat as best I can.

so, umm how great is Massive? Really cool that there's a new one that will replace the old Massive and run in Reaktor. The extra click is objectively great. Also such a shame that all my old Massive presets won't work anymore. It's fine though, everything that Native Instruments puts out is better than everything else on the market and Serum is overrated. I wonder if they'll push back the release date again at the last minute?
Right! I'm really looking forward to the Reaktor compatibility. Does anyone know if it requires Kontakt 6 or will K6 player do? I have several machines which I can't run Kontakt 6 on because the U/I is too large for the screen, player works fine though.

I will say this for Massive: It's default presets are a ton more usable than Serum's.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 am Come on guys - it's already the 27th in some places, and we've got a long way to go to hit 200 pages still... :hihi:
ugh, fine, guess I'll make an account after a few dozen pages of lurking in this thread and contribute to the page bloat as best I can.

so, umm how great is Massive? Really cool that there's a new one that will replace the old Massive and run in Reaktor. The extra click is objectively great. Also such a shame that all my old Massive presets won't work anymore. It's fine though, everything that Native Instruments puts out is better than everything else on the market and Serum is overrated. I wonder if they'll push back the release date again at the last minute?
I thought it had been established that it WASN'T a Reaktor synth? Did that change?

That's the spirit! :hihi:

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:38 am

Right! I'm really looking forward to the Reaktor compatibility. Does anyone know if it requires Kontakt 6 or will K6 player do? I have several machines which I can't run Kontakt 6 on because the U/I is too large for the screen, player works fine though.
If you can't run it inside Kontakt 6 directly, you could probably run the Komplete Kontrol plugin, sit Kontakt 6 inside it, then use that to open Massive X. Should open large enough to see the first oscillator on a standard 1024x768 LCD Display. Between your several machines you can probably even see the whole thing!

dangayle wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:40 am

I thought it had been established that it WASN'T a Reaktor synth? Did that change?
Oh it's been established, but don't let that get in the way of discussing it for a few more pages :D

mrfuzz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:44 am
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:38 am

If you can't run it inside Kontakt 6 directly, you could probably run the Komplete Kontrol plugin, sit Kontakt 6 inside it, then use that to open Massive X. Should open large enough to see the first oscillator on a standard 1024x768 LCD Display. Between your several machines you can probably even see the whole thing!
Hopefully Kontrol will also get the new AVX updates, that should help with screen refresh.

Wait... is Massive X reaktor-compatible?

Although I'm not sure if that's really that great news or not considering how much my Reaktor stuff eats CPU, but at least it could potentially integrate perfectly with my poly AM/RM module that I made depending on how the integration works in particular

also about Massive, Maschine & wubdub stuff: the irony of it is that dubstep doesn't really use the wubdub stuff so hey, you got something in common with that ghettosynth

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:31 am What's a Massive?
:)

Functional wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:02 am also about Massive, Maschine & wubdub stuff: the irony of it is that dubstep doesn't really use the wubdub stuff so hey, you got something in common with that ghettosynth
I tell you, the last thing that I want to do is debate which of the many dance genres that I despise uses which sounds that I also despise.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 am I tell you, the last thing that I want to do is debate which of the many dance genres that I despise uses which sounds that I also despise.
Well I don't see any other way to get to that 200 page count

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:31 am What's a Massive?
massive - noun
mas·​sive | \ ˈma-siv \
Definition of massive
1 : forming or consisting of a large mass:
a : BULKY
massive furniture
b : WEIGHTY, HEAVY
massive walls
a massive volume
c : impressively large or ponderous
stars more massive than the sun
d : having no regular form but not necessarily lacking crystalline structure
massive sandstone
e : DUBSTEP
how to sound like Skrillex - massive youtube tutorial
there's wavetables in massive other than Modern Talking?

It's June 27th and no synth. This is a Massive Turd. I demand a refund.

Functional wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 am
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 am I tell you, the last thing that I want to do is debate which of the many dance genres that I despise uses which sounds that I also despise.
Well I don't see any other way to get to that 200 page count
you have a point

Return to “Instruments”